Chapter 15

"I don't know how to tell you this...but," the doctor breathed, nothingness in her eyes, “you’ve lost your children." My world crashed around me, Sasuke glared at me and walked away. I stared at the doctor and cringed; in her hand there was a knife cover in blood.

"You-YOU KILLED MY BABIES!" I screamed launching myself at her. I grabbed onto her neck and she punched me. I let out a scream of pain and grabbed a fistful of her bright red hair.

"YUKA!"

Who’s calling my name?

“YUKA!”

Is that Sasuke?

The woman stabbed the knife into my shoulder, before shoving me off of her. I cried out in pain and laid on my side.

Is this where I die?

“YUKA!”

I lurched forward and gripped onto something firm yet soft. I peered over to my left and saw Sasuke staring at me. Closing my eyes I took a deep breath.

For the last five and a half months I had been staying with Nanami and her children. Shortly after I began my stay here Nanami had her twin babies, a boy and a girl. Nanami named them Atsushi and Ayumi, everyone cherished the two babies. They helped me prepare myself for what I was to come to in the near future as well. The whoel family treated me with such kindness and considered me part of the family as well.  

As I was approaching my due date Sasuke began to visit everyone a little more often. Before his trips to see us were once a month were as now it is two or three times a week.

"What happened this time?" Nanami asked walking in to the room with a glass of warm milk. I shuddered and shockingly took the glass form her. Sasuke never once removed his stare on me.

"Someone killed them-a girl-" I choked on a sob. I felt like I was suffocating, even though nothing was stopping me. 

"Killed who?"Sasuke questioned, narrowing his eyes. I tried to take a deep breath, but it got harder and harder with every passing second.

"Our babies. She killed them and we fought. You left me...you blamed me and left." I whispered, begging the last part to come out so softly. To my surprise it came out so much softer that they thought I was talking to myself.

"That won't happen. And if anyone tries or thinks about it I'll kill them." Sasuke reassured me, then he took the glass and left the room. Nanami sat on the end of the bed.

"He left again, didn't he?" She timidly asked, paying close attention to the doorway.

"Yes" I mumbled, playing with my fingers. I looked at her and tears blurred my vision, "Why does this keep happening to me?" 

"I don't know, it's probably just anxiety. More than likely it's nothing. When he gets back why don't you all go to sleep. He has to go back tomorrow morning so, enjoy your time with him for now. Okay?" Nanami attempted to smile, I nodded my head and took a deep breath.

"Okay, I can do that."

"Good night! We'll take more about this tomorrow after he leaves okay?" Nanami said from the doorway.

"Okay" I replied watching as she left the area afterwards. After having a dream like that I thought that I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep but I was so wrong becuase upon laying my head on my pillow I was out like a light.

When I woke up I was the only person in the room. Sasuke was not here and it looked like he didn't come back last night after he left. A sharp pain to my lower back had me doubled over in pain for a moment. 

"AH! Babies please give mommy a break, okay?" I whispered, rubbing my bulging tummy. I got up and begin making my way to the kitchen when felt an even stronger pain than before. I fell to the floor and cired out in pain.

"NANAMI! HAJIME!!! JIRO! EIJI!! SOMEBODY HELP ME!" I shouted, tears falling freely from my eyes. Hajime poked his head around the corner and ran towards me. 

"What's wrong?" Came his calm reply, I truned to him and tried my hardest not to scream.

"Go....go get your mom....please!"