A Walk in the Rainforest Part 2

Deathbringer's POV

Before he knew it, Glory had pushed Deathbringer into the depths of the icy, blue lake. Freezing cold water penetrated his scales, practically freezing the blood in his veins. He emerged to the surface, gasping for breath.

"I swear," he choked out, "I will get my revenge."

"How?" Glory smirked, "Since I'm up here and you're down there."

"For now." He grabbed her legs and yanked them, pulling her into the water with him. 

"You idiot!" She screamed, tackling him under the water. "You know I hate being wet. It's raining. I'm in deep water. And I'm freezing." Her scales were as pale as ice. He grasped her talons in his and smiled.

"We've come this far. Let's explore!" Deathbringer pleaded.

"Fine." She said, swimming off without him.

Glory's POV 

They swam to the other side of the lake and Glory jumped out immediately. It still wasn't any better. All she could feel, hear and see was rain. Deathbringer took Glory to the biggest tree they could find.

"Let's climb it," he said, "all the way to the top." He began climbing, branch by branch. When he was half-way up the tree he looked down and realised that Glory wasn't following him. Actually he couldn't see her at all. Glory could see worry crossing his face. She however, had better plans. 

She hovered beside him. "We're dragons Deathbringer, we don't need to climb." 

"Cheat," he called. Glory flew up to the highest branch she could find and sat down on it, gazing down at the view. She looked down in search of Deathbringer but couldn't find him. Part of her missed him and hoped he hadn't left.

"Hahaha, the Assassin does it again." Glory jumped. He was beside her the entire time.

"I knew you were there." She said.

"Of course you did."

It had finally stopped raining and the clouds had cleared, revealing the shining three moons. A gust of wind whooshed through the air, rattling the leaves and making Glory feel cold, again. She felt Deathbringer shift closer to her and she couldn't help but let him.

"Deathbringer why on Pyrrhia would you stop by my tree house in the middle of the night?" she asked, looking up into his eyes.

"Because it's my job to protect you," he replied sincerely.

"No it's not your job, you volunteered," she said slowly, "Why?" She wasn't expecting the answer that he gave her.

"Because I love you," he admitted, "And I care about you. I would die if anything happened to you. I promised myself that I would protect you for the rest of my life, no matter what. I want to spend the rest of my life with the dragon sitting beside me."

Glory twined her tail around his. She could feel his heart beating as fast as hers, his warm scales against hers. "Show me that smug face I fell in love with," she whispered.

"Is this the one?" He asked. Glory pressed her snout up against his. Feelings rushed around inside her. Happiness, love, joy. She knew this dragon was special ever since she first met him. She would never let him go.