No.1 - A Walk in the Rainforest

Glory's POV

Soft, cold streaks of wind poured in through the window sending shivers under Glory's scales. She sat up on the edge of her fern bed and stared out the window into the cloudy, grey sky. It was going to rain, again. She was sure of it.

It was midnight now and Glory couldn't sleep. Whenever she closed her eyes and tried to relax, she remembered how stressed she was. There was so much to do. She had to plan two funerals, a wedding, put Starflight's father on trial and deal with three rogue SandWings.

Faint light cast shadows across her bedroom from the bright, silver, full moons that appeared from amongst the clouds. Glory wished she could lie down out there under the moonlight but she didn't want to get rained on.

Her eyes longed for sleep and her brain was probably going to stop functioning any second now. She flopped onto her bed with a loud thump, knocking the pillows off. Glory let out all her stress on the pillows, kicking them around until she felt slightly better. With a long groan she lied down again.

"I thought you were supposed to be bossing dragons around not pillows, your majesty," said a voice from the window. Glory jumped up immediately and whirled towards her attacker, fully alert. "Oh it's you," she sighed.

"Don't sound so disappointed," Deathbinger said climbing into her bedroom, "I just scared the life out of you."

"What are you doing here?" She asked, "Go back to the night village, stalker."

He smiled. "I'm a bodyguard not a stalker and no I will not. I've come for a visit."

"In the middle of the night," she said skeptically. He nodded. "Aren't you supposed to be asleep?"

"Aren't you supposed to be asleep?" he mocked.

"I can't sleep, ok?" She said.

"Me either," he said, smiling again, "I was going for a walk to clear my head and now you're coming with me."

"No," she said. He grabbed her arm and led her to the window. "Let go of me."

"No," he mused, "Come on. As if you have anything better to do." Glory knew she could just let go and run but she didn't want to. Part of her wanted to go with him. A very small, yet persistent part. He dragged her out the window and onto the grass below.

"I can walk myself thank you," she said, pulling her arm out of his grasp, " Why would you want to go for a walk when it's going to rain."

"It's not going to rain. My NightWing powers tell me so," he said mysteriously.

"Ok then. If it rains I get to push you into the freezing cold river," She gestured to the body of water that flowed amongst the thicket of trees.

"And if it doesn't?" He asked.

"I keep walking with you."

They walked along the bank of the winding river. Glory could hear crickets chirping through the night breeze. She could hear the flutter of birds flying through the rainforest. And in the distance, the feint sound of water flowing and falling. A waterfall.

Deathbringer turned toward her with a look that said he had a stupid idea. "Three moons, why did I come with you?"

"Race you to the waterfall," he cried, running off. Oh it's on. All she could do was follow.

Deathbringer's POV

Running through the forest, Deathbinger could hear Glory behind him, complaining. "You got a head start, you're running way too fast and I'm too tired."

"And I'm going to win!"

The cloudy sky overhead seemed to rumble and grow thicker every second. Oh no. Deathbringer sped up, not looking where he was going, which was easily a big mistake. He tripped over a long, thick log and tumbled down the side of a steep cliff. He could feel the pile of ferns beneath him upon which he had landed. They had probably saved his life.

He heard Glory laugh from the top of the cliff. "I told you this was a bad idea." She was standing on the very edge of the cliff, looking down at him. "I can't believe you fel-" A loud scream echoed through the forest as Glory slipped and tumbled down the cliff, landing on top of him.

"Ouch," he moaned. " You could've at least landed beside me. You weigh a ton." She got off him immediately and gazed at the top of the cliff.

"I'm never coming this way again," she said.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yes I'm sure. That was super painful and dangerous and-" he cut her off.

"Glory look." She turned away from the cliff.

"Woah." She breathed. In front of them was a picturesque lake surrounded by gargantuan, twisting trees. The moon shone clearly in the sky, casting reflections on the lake's surface and in Glory's bright green eyes. Behind them, an iridescent blue waterfall flowed down the side of the cliff into the magnificent lake. On the other side of the lake was a massive tree. The tallest he had ever seen.

"It's beautiful," Glory whispered. The place and moment was perfect, until the both of them were suddenly pelted by raindrops.

A/N: The next chapter will be a Part 2. Don't worry. I hope you enjoyed reading Part 1.

(Edit: I dunno why I split this into two. Just roll with it.)