War

After one night in Tran, Natasha decided that they should continue moving. "We must kill her before she kills everyone else." Everyone knew that Natasha was right so they packed up their luggage again. They all had said goodbye and thank you to every villager they encountered on the way out.

When they were away from Tran completely, they took a break to rest. They were before the snow capped mountains now. "You will need your full strength to get up those piles of rock," Niemin said. Aorlin glances nervously at the towering mountains in their path.

"How do we climb them though?" She asked.

"Don't worry. That's where I come in," Brolin said."Rock serpents climb mountains all the time. "

"Of course they do,"Jema said. "Isn't that why they are called rock serpents?"

"Don't start a fight  Jema," Natasha warned. "We are all tired so I suggest you two get some rest." Brolin and Jema glared at eachother before heading to their tents. Natasha cast a worried glance over to them before heading to her own tent.

"Has she always been kind of bossy?" Aorlin asked Niemin.

"For as long as I can remember, yes," he answered.

"Are you bossy?" Niemin thought for a moment before answering.

"I would like to think that I'm not,  but I know I can be. I guess it must run in the family." Niemin looked up to the sky again, and his worried expression returned.

"Now what's wrong?" Niemin looked back to her.

"The moon is full tonight." Aorlin looked confused. "There is death upon us."

"Why are there so many bad things everywhere? Why can't there be sunshine and good people and no diseases or sicknesses?" Aorlin looked up just in time to see green eyes glowing in the distance. She looked closer and saw hundreds. "What are those?" She asked. Niemin glanced over and jumped up when he saw them.

"Horned bats!" He yelled. Aorlin jumped when he yelled and quickly followed him to warn the others. Natasha already had the others ready to fight. Niemin was the first to run towards the bats. The others ran after him. They all started slow then quickened their pace until they were at a full charge.

The bats seemed to smirk for a moment before flying to them. Then they clashed together. Sparks flew everywhere. All Aorlin could see was wings and horns. She tried to imagine her sword. She thought about the bears and the antlers as well as the silver shine of her blade. Then she felt something in her hand. Once again she was holding her sword. Aorlin looked up. A bat was heading straight towards her. She swing the sword horizontally when it got there. The bat fell to the ground. Then Aorlin targeted a second one. This one fell at the swing of her blade as well. Suddenly she heard a horrible shrieking noise from above them. Aorlin looked up to see human-like creatures with wings and fangs. Their skin was pale, and their eyes glowed red.

Wind bursts could be seen shooting up at them, but they blocked it. Aorlin cleared the bats around her. Then she looked farther into the army. She could see giants, cyclopses, and trolls in the back. "Arendi Niatue!" She yelled pointing her hand infront of her. The ground sprung up and hit dozens of bats. Then she tried another one. "Ninue tiatue!" Huge willow trees appeared around her. They had long bows with vines as strings. They began shooting at the vampires and some of the bats. The vampires couldn't block both wind and the arrows so they began disappearing one by one.

Eventually they got through the vampires and bats. They we're now face to face with giants and trolls. The giants swing their swords and cut the willows in half. Aorlin tried to think of more spells but there was none. The giants were getting closer. Their yellow eyes stared with rage and hatred. "How do we kill them?" Aorlin yelled. It was Niemin who answered.

"You say kinlote!" He yelled. Aorlin yelled it immediately. The earth shook and a hole appeared where the giants were marching. They all went down. When they were gone, the earth covered itself again. Aorlin looked to see if anything else was coming. She saw nothing. "You did it!" Niemin yelled triumphantly as he ran up to Aorlin. The others formed a circle around them.

"We must finish what we started now," Natasha said. "Nimea is probably at the red mountain calling stronger forces right at this moment." Niemin shrugged.

"She's probably right," he said sadly.

"When is all this over?" Aorlin asked.

"Soon. Very soon," Niemin answered. Now he looked over to Natasha. "Right?"

"If we leave now and reach red mountain by sun set tomorrow, then we can defeat Nimea before she can get more forces against us, but we must hurry if we are going to make it," Natasha warned.

"Then we leave now," Niemin said.