Chapter 20

Tessa's Pov
I woke up early eager to talk to Erika about chance he asked me to be his girlfrend so I get ready and run over to her room.

T:*knocks*

J: who is it

T: Tessa

I walk in to see Erika laying down in her bed facing the wall just staring with tears in her eyes dropping one by one.

J: what's up

T: I need to talk to Erika

I tried to walk to her but Jake stopped me

J: I don't think that's a good time for her right now.

T: what's going on?

J: its really not my place to tell you but you're her best friend I'm sure she'll tell you eventually. But what did you need from Erika

T: I needed to tap to her about Chance

J: Chance Sutton my best friend

T: yeah

J: what about him

T: we're dating

J: Tessa that's great news when he first got here he told me that he regrets watching me and Tony and all of the other boys bully you and Erika instead of doing something about it. He's a good friend and he has a great heart so don't break it okay.

T: I promise I won't and thank you for
Telling me about what chance said.

Erika's Pov
I woke up early and got up and went a got into my bed and stared at the pictures of me and Tessa, me and Jake, some with me Jake and Logan, and some with our whole gang Me, Tessa, Jake, Logan, and Chance. And then I looked at the pictures of me and my parents. And then i hear a knock on the door and Jake answers it and it was my bestfriend the person who I grew up with the person who helped me so through highschool even though sje,was getting bullied as well and I'm leaving her behind. She was talking to Jake and asked what wrong with me he said it's not his place to tell me and I respect that. And then she told Jake some news I've been waiting for. Her and chance are dating. I start to talk not facing towards them.

E: congratulations Tessa

T: thank you babes

She comes over and sits on the edge of my bed.

T: Erika can you please tell me what's wrong

I just say it quick not looking at neither Jake or Eeika as I say this I look at the wall still.

E: I have stage 2 brain cancer

T: Erika if this is a joke it's not funny

J: it's not a joke Tessa

T: oh my god

Tessa starts to tear up

T: I'm so sorry

E: it's fine it's not like you gave it to me

T: do you need anything

E: I need to take a shower

T: Jake go in there with her to make sure she doesn't fall again.

J: okay

T: I'll leave you guys to it bye Erika ily bye Jake

J: bye

E: bye ily2

Me and Jake go into the bathroom get undressed and get in and we just sit there and hug. Tears streaming down my face but Jake still seemed to noticed even though we are in the shower.

J: it's all going to be okay

E: okay

J: if cancer does anything to you I'll have Logan come and kick his ass.

I laughed a little Jake always knew how to make me smile that's one of the reasons I love him he always makes sure I'm happy.

J: I missed that

E: missed what

J: your laugh your smile

E: I love you Jake

J: I love you too Erika

I kiss him with so much passion not even God himself can come up with words to describe it.

Once we got out of the shower we got dressed and got into Jake's bed and layed down and stared at each others eyes for awhile when my eyes started to get heavier but I was trying to stay awake until Jake noticed.

J: babe go to sleep you need to rest

I closed my eyes and I felt Jake cover me up more with the blanket and pull me closer to him. He has stayed so strong for me he hasn't left my side yet he hasn't been to class in forever. I smile thinking of this and finally fall asleep.

Jake's Pov
I look at Erika while she is sleeping and started tearing up thinking of what I'm going to do without her. I told her I'm going to marry her one day and I think that's exactly what I'm going to do. I going to make a plan with the gang and call someone special to ask for their blessing. I fall asleep wondering what is in store for our relationship.

814 words