Kelly

I wish you would just wake up.

Sleeping Beauty...

My eyes fly open as something pokes my back, and I instinctively shrink away from the contact.

"Whoah, babe! It's just me. Did you have a nightmare or somethin'?" I hear a deep male voice with a heavy Southern drawl that drags words along the ground like bags of smooth sand. The sound of it jolts me back into firm reality.

"Kelly?"

"I-I'm fine. Yes, just a nightmare, I think." My voice has a drawl, too, but it's sweeter, like honey barbeque.

The first thing I notice about Kelly Anne Greensbury is that she is a writer. That would explain all the metaphors popping into my head.

The second thing is that her boyfriend, Terrence, often spends nights at her house...and her parents don't even care.

"Awe, tell me about it, Kelly Belly."

"It-I-I don't remember anymore, Ter. It's nothing. Go back to sleep, Mr. Tennessee"

Even in the dark I can sense his grin. "I still love it when you call me that."

"And I still love it when you call me Kelly Belly, babe. Now go to sleep while the haystack is still warm." I say. He plops back onto the pillow, draping a heavy arm over my body.

I wonder what time it is?

My little Sleeping Beauty.

"NO!" I toss a hand towards the assaulting voice, and hear a cry of pain. "Kelly! What the hell?"

I open my eyes and see Terrance pressing his hand against his jaw. "Terrence! Oh, baby, I'm so sorry! I had a bad dream again..."

He rubs his jaw, and his sky-blue eyes are already sparkling with laughter. "It's already, Belly. I'm actually glad you can really hit a man! But normally you love being my Sleeping Beauty..."

I shudder. "Not t-t-today. I, um, was reading a thing about this rape victim. Apparently her attacker called her that. I guess it kind of freaked me out."

Terrence frowns. "Awe, Kelly, baby, I'm so sorry. I would never do that to you. I only make love to you, and only with your permission." He hugs me tightly. After a while, his breath hits my ear. "Speaking of which..."

I don't want to. Me. Not Kelly. After the experience with Emilie...I never want to feel a man inside me again, even if it is love.

But Kelly's body is excited now. Terrence is her drug, and she's itching for a fixing.

I sigh, burying my face into Terrence's shoulder. He pats my back, but clearly he's confused. "Did that reading really scare you that bad, baby?"

I nod silently, but even as I do so Kelly's body still begs for that oxytocin rush. I look up at Terrence. We can sense the desire in each other, smell it like a couple of animals in heat.

I stare into his eyes, and Kelly's love for him suddenly takes over me.

We become bodies alone, and dance, and I forget.

"That was...amazing."

What...?

I blink rapidly. I'm lying under Terrence's naked body. Wait...we're both naked. When did this happen?

The memory slowly surfaces, and...it's Kelly's memory. Not mine. Kelly was the one who just made love to Terrance. And me? Where did I go?

I've never experienced this before.

"Kelly? You alright?" Terrance's hand brushes my cheek, and I look up at him. A wave of Kelly's emotions looms over my head again.

I swim away. "Yeah, just...it really was incredible. Definitely destroyed that nightmare of mine."

He grins. "Excellent. Now how about some breakfast? I think your momma promised us some apple pancakes today."

I'm spaced out for the rest of the day, trying to figure out what happened this morning. I didn't want to have sex with Terrence. But somehow, Kelly took over. So technically, I didn't have sex with him. But how did that happen? I've always had 90% of the control while inhabiting. The only thing I can't control is the host's personality, which seeps into me like beer into an old washrag.

Dammit, there I go again with the metaphors.

I guess the best explanation is that Kelly's feelings for Terrence are so strong that they just...overrode me completely. Odd, but...I am glad that I didn't have to experience it. And that Kelly was able to keep her lovemaking to herself.

Emilie's body wasn't the first one that I'd experienced sex in. It was actually the third. But the first two times were casual, almost dull. Both bodies were used to frequent sexual activity.

Being raped, on the other hand...even for Emilie, who'd been raped multiple times already and, eventually, forcefully impregnated by her kidnapper, it was still horrific. I'm glad that she was rescued yesterday. It was a relief for both her and me to lie down in her own bed again last night.

I never want to experience sex again.

But, with my horrible luck, I eventually won't have any choice in the matter. I just hope I never get another Emilie.