Chapter one

Hey people!! Here's chapter one!  

=======================================================  

I'm running. I don't know from who or what but I just had to keep running. My steps were thunderous each step I took in the dark forest. Run,Run,Run. My body starts to feel like I'm dying. My lungs and heart are crashing against my torso,screaming for mercy. But I keep going..  

Then out of nowhere there's a light. A light! I use my legs to pump faster even though I cant feel them anymore. I get close to the light. I reach out to it. My fingers touch it. Something strikes my chest and I fly backwards,away from light.  

No! My back and head hit a tree. I scream in pain as my back scrapes along the tree. I reach back,touch my head,and pull back to see if I'm bleeding. I am. I hear a twig snap and I look up to see a guy standing in front of me. He has pale skin,black hair,a piercing,and green eyes. I shiver.  

'Help me' I say to him. He just watches me silently.. Its that guy from school! 'Please help me. I'm bleeding' I show my bloody hand to him. He starts to breathe heavily as he stares at my bloody hand. His eyes look blank as if he is really bored. No emotion. No nothing. He grabs my wrist and pulls me up so I'm a foot away from him. He lifts my wrist to his mouth and he kisses it lightly. Then two fangs pop out of this mouth.  

This guy is a vampire!! I start to struggle in his grasp. Its no use though. He licks my main vein then bites. Everything fades into black.  

I open my eyes and sit up in my bed. I lift up my wrist and check for any bites marks. None. But there are some cut marks that haven't healed yet. Yes,I cut myself,but I am not emo. I look at my clock. It's 10:12 in the morning. I'm late for school. I get up and walk out of my room. As I head to the kitchen I start to think.  

Why did I have that dream? Vampires don't exist,do they? Why was that guy in it? Why did i dream of him? What was the light? Who triedd to get me away from the light? Why did i have that DREAM??  

I open the kitchen door to see a people that I do not know and my parents. They all stare at me. I look around the room. I a very pale person in a chair sitting in the corenor. It's him. His green eyes,black hair,and piercing look better. I look away from him and look at my parents.  

"Come and sit down,hun,"my mom says. The only available seat in here is next to 'him'. I mentally shudder and move my feet so I sit next to him. I lean away from him so we can have breathing room. I'm sitting across from a very beautiful couple. The woman has pale skin,long black hair that is in a bun,and dark brown eyes. The man has dirty blonde hair,green eyes,and pale skin too. Not to mention they'll extremely perfect. I feel...ordinary compared to them.  

"Um...mom. Why are these people here?"I ask.  

"Well,hun.. You are getting...." Oh please don't say it.. Pleaseee... "Hun you are getting married to Daniel. Here.''  

I start choking on the glass of water I was drinking. It's burning my throat. No one notices though. I swallow the water and stare at my parents. I'm getting married? At sixteen? Why? I bet it's going to help with business or something. They'll trade me off like that if it makes their business better. Sigh.  

"Lauren? Di you hear me?"She asks.  

"Yes,mom. I heard you. May I know why though?"I ask.  

"Its for business,Lauren,"says dad."We'll get more money if you marry Daniel. It'll tie the two companys together."  

My temper spikes up. "Is that all I am?! Just an object so you can get more money! What kind of parents are you?! You trade off your daughter to some stranger just so your business is better?! Why did you even have me anyway!? If this was going to happen I wish I was dead!" I yell. I push my chair away and stalk upstairs.  

"Lauren AnnMaire Clanisol! Get down here now! Or we'll send someone up!" yells my parents.  

"Why do you care?!"I yell back to them.  

I slam my bedroom door and look around. Where is it? Where is my razor? The box under my bed! I run under my bed and grab my box. I run into my bathroom and lock the door. I take out my razor in my box. It's sharp blade will cut me soon. I grab a towel and put it under my left arm. I take the blade and cut my left arm deep,making a long line down it. Blood starts pooling out of it. I smile at the pain it's bringing me. I hear a bang on the door.  

"Lauren open the door,"someone says.  

"No,"I say weakly.  

The door starts to get closer to my back. Someones pushing the door down. Everything starts spinning as I lose more and more blood. I close my eyes in the esctasy of the pain. Then my body slumps onto the floor numbed. I feel myself fading. I hear someone walk up next to me.  

"Why?" Is all I hear before everything goes completely black.