Meeting the Shane gang

~Shadow Talk~

*Slugs talking*

Normal

*Trisha's POV*

A month has passed and during that month all I ever did was traveling the caverns and gaining more slugs. I also started learning more about this part of SlugTerra, it had 99 caverns and most caverns had enough slug energy to live. I also visited the shadow clan once a week and they were surprised to see me to say the least. They actually thought I was an imposter, but then they saw my pendant. I also spoke in shadow talk so they calmed down. When Mum told me the pendant would help me walk within the shadows, she wasn't kidding. The pendant helped me teleport like the shadow clan!! Rad kept my hair turned black with purple tones, but I wasn't complaining. New style, right? Flame told me I needed a wrist blaster and just a blaster in general.

🌘🌗🌖🌕 FLASHBACK🌔🌓🌒🌑

"*You really need a wrist blaster and a blaster in general.*" Flame told me as we were traveling around on my hoverboard. Thanks Mum, I never thought about this helping travel.

"I know, the wrist blaster for slug fu right?" Flame and Skye nodded. I could feel Rad swimming around in my hair as he often would. "But I haven't even practiced in ages and also, I already have a blaster."

"*You think it will be strong enough once we get more powerful? Over the month, we have been getting more powerful and before you know it, you're blaster will explode on itself.*" Skye informed. I sighed in defeat. He had a point, lots of them actually.

"*Only one place to go - Redhook's.*" Flame smiled before he held onto my pendant and teleported us to Quiet Lawn cavern.

When we got there it was... Quiet. It's in the name so... Yeah. Flame told me which direction to go in and I couldn't help, but wonder...

"Hey Flame, how is it that you know you're way around here? I mean, sure we've studied about the 99 caverns, but how... How do you know Redhook?" I asked curiously and eager.

"*About time you knew. You're father had a machine that allowed him to travel to this part of SlugTerra. That is how he met the protector of these caverns, Will Shane. Will Shane and your father were friends and Shane introduced your father to Redhook. He was the one that made your father's wrist blaster.*" Flame informed me matter-of-factly. "*Also, your mother-*"

"I know the story." I cut him off, before I hit my head on a door. Ouch.

I knocked on the door and patiently waited. I knocked once more when there was no answer. Was there no one home? Or were the people here antisocial like I used to be?

"Go away!" I finally heard an unpleasant reply.

"Mr. Redhook?" I asked.

"Go away kid! I got no business with ya!" Well, isn't he... Nice 😑.

"My slug told me you knew my father and his friend - Will Shane. I guess I thought you could help me, but apparently not." I started walking away. A few steps, I took, then the door opened. I turned around and saw an old man - Mature elder... Well maybe not so mature, but... An elderly man with a red hook. Oh, maybe that's where he gets his name.

"You're from the south ain't ya kid? And not just south, not-part-of-these 99-caverns south." He stated.

"How did you guess?" I asked with a slight frown.

"Because you're acting like you're father. He had a short temper as well." He pulled me inside and shut the door. He showed me a photo of my father and, I'm guessing' Will Shane. He went to go grab a box and opened it I saw a wrist blaster and a blaster in general. It looked familiar to my father's. "I only ever made a pair of these two. Use 'em well kid."