The World Beneath our Feet

Slugs? Check. Blaster? Check. No one following me? Double check. Hoverboard? Che- hoverboard? Well.. Check, I guess. Have a plan? Ummm... not so much. Going back to SlugTerra after a year has gotten me really shaken up. Uhhh, I should start introductions now right?

The name's Trisha Lee, 15 years old, chestnut-brown hair and dark brown eyes. SlugTerra was a world deep beyond our feet. I was from the very south of SlugTerra. The Sothern Caverns had 100 caverns. Yeah, past tense - had. The last time I'd been there, there were only 89 left. Some caverns collapsed on themselves because of the lack of slug energy. How I ended up here on the 'surface'? Another thing. My father was a brilliant slug slinger and the protector of those caverns. I have an older brother who was still at our world. My mother was from the surface who coincidentally fell down a sinkhole. My father rescued my mother and all that sappy lovey mushy things happened... yeah. So first was my brother, who's 5 years older than me and then just me.

Ever since I was 5 years old, I started my slug slinging training. Of course we had to look for slugs as well. My brother and father helped and of course Mum too except I had a weird connection with slugs. And by weird I'm saying I can talk to them. Fully understand what they were saying. Does it get any weirder than that? My Dad would sometimes travel to the Eastern Caverns and one day took my brother and I there. We met a man named Junjie whom was my father's friend, but more to him later. We were given books about their practice called 'Slug Fu' and how to read and speak their ancient language. I didn't want to learn it. Heck no. I NEEDED TO LEARN IT!! It was so cool! Like dayuum!

After 5 years of training, I was starting to understand why slug energy should be evenly distributed and why we should treat our slugs as friends, they're more than just ammo. My father was the protector of the caverns and had his own infurnus - Flame. He was an awesome slug *cough* especially when he set fire to my brother's ass *cough*. Although, I do have slugs of my own. My first one was a hoverbug named Skye. I'd usually hover around home because it felt nice. My second one was a thugglet slug named Rad. As you can probably tell, he's quite mischievous. They're actually the only slugs I have. I'd usually train with my brother and his slugs because I used to be antisocial. Yep. Used to be, but despite that, some slugs still came to me and made friends. Back to the point, after 5 years, I met the shadow clan and to say they're intimidating is an understatement. When I first saw them, they almost scared the life out of me. That's because my mum was talking to them in their language. She surprisingly had a close connection with the shadow clan, but that doesn't mean they didn't scare me. They spoke in their own little language that I had no idea how to speak, so they taught me though reluctant at first. They had taken a slight interest of how I can talk to slugs. Learning shadow talk was... close to impossible. Heck, when I learnt it... I actually forgot how to speak my own language, ehehe. Umm... oops. With the help of my loving family, I learnt how to speak it again, also, did I mention I was starting to learn slug fu? Training was my daily routine really. My brother and father would often go around the caverns to ensure their safety, but the problem was there were too many caverns and some started to collapse on themselves. Asides from that, everything was great...

...

...

...

...

...

Until I was 13 and a half.

Everything changed 3 months before my 14th birthday. Dark bane were after me and they somehow leaked in the southern caverns and I don't know how they found out, but they did. They found out about my special connections with slugs. My father told me to go into hiding, but I didn't know where. He suggested up on the 'surface'. At first I was confused, but then my parents explained everything. My father and brother were to stay and fight them off, but before my mother and I hid, Dad had given me Flame. I was about to protest, but my brother looked at me with a face saying not to so I didn't.