Chapter Six - Training

Start from the beginning

He held me in his arms then slowly let me down.

"Good you got it, now it's time to learn the lift." He jumped off the stage.

"What lift."

--------

The next day he took us out of the grounds of the resort and down to a stream that was half an hour away

"What are we doing here? I thought I was supposed to be doing a lift."

"We are." he replied climbing up to a fallen tree that went across a stream "You've got to work on your balance. If you can dance here you can dance anywhere." I clicked my tongue and joined him.

"You're lucky I'm resilient. If I was afraid of falling and cracking my head open, your ass would be so kicked" He chuckled

"I'm sure it would." He started moving backwards.

"The log is your friend." I took his hands which he offered and we started moving slowly, going into hold them performing the steps which were becoming a second nature slowly but surely. Of course it was wobbly but I was able to do it.

From the log he took me a different lake to practice

"You ready." I nodded slightly and he jumped in.

"Now lifts are all about trust. I got to trust you too or we'll both get hurt."

"You more than me." I mumbled looking away from him. "Okay, trust, trust." I sighed

"Don't think. Trust."

"You realise saying that to a girl with trust issues is not making it any better." I snapped "I case it's passed you by I don't have a lot of people to trust so trusting a guy I haven't known for that long is a big ask."

"We've come this far haven't we?"

"On training and a fluke you lifting me up slightly doing a move isn't that bad you're asking be to be some sort of bird in the air."

"Ali." he stopped me

"You can do this, I know you can. I have faith in you." I froze.

"Faith."

"Yes."

"You see Faith is a word I can work with same meaning different letters. Faith, Faith." I ran.

In the water we practice the lift, I don't know how many times. Sometimes it was good others i fell into the water. I became more relaxed, that I started to loosen up and was laughing by the end of it.

"That was good." Jackson smiled as he held on my waist. We both stared at each other.

"Thank you. You're a good teacher."

"Yeah, obviously." He laughed before moving a piece of hair from "Come on." We swam back

"You gonna lift me up now." He joked I decided to have some fun . I got out first and grabbed his hand using my strength to pull up out.

"How, how did you do that." I turned and hummed. walking off. I waited at his bike when he came back. I shivered a little and he took of his jacket and gave it to me. I looked at him with a soft expression

"Thank you." He helped slip it on before getting on his bike and starting the engine. I got on and slipped my arms around his waist.

he glanced back and I realised that i felt content and happy with him

he glanced back and I realised that i felt content and happy with him. I was different with him and I liked it. I rested my head on his back as we rode back.