Chapter Five - Teach Me

My family went down to the lake in front of our cabins while I sat on the porch and watched them

My family went down to the lake in front of our cabins while I sat on the porch and watched them. All I could think about was Melissa. She was treating as if being pregnant was a bad thing. Ideal maybe not but surly things couldn't be that bad. Although I had known her for barley a week she was different from everyone else. She, Jackson and Billy were. They felt like kindred spirits in some way. Sounds weird I know but I wanted to help her in any way I could. Support and give her encouragement to keep it or something else.

Gosh I don't know why I was getting so carried away. But I felt like even if it was for moments at a time I could be a different version of me. The girl who could help for the right reason not to seek approval. The girl who would do something out of care and not for good press. My family left for dinner ignoring me. I didn't care, I wasn't in the mood for human food. I had made my decision, I had found a friend who needed my help. I ran toward grandpas cabin and started looking for Grandpa's check book. I huffed and stood in the middle of the room.

Holding out my hands my gift came out in snake like figures and looked up to me

"Find me that check book." they bowed their heads and slivered to find it. They found it and gave the book to me. This was first thing that I had done against my family or something I knew they wouldn't like on purpose. I wrote out a check and signed it. Ripping it from the book I gave it to the sake to put back which they did then disappeared.

I left the cabin and went to find Melissa. I guessed they would be at the bunkhouse and seen as I was on a roll with breaking the rules. one more wouldn't hurt. I found them slow dancing looking sad.

"Hey." They looked at me

"Can I speak with you in private." I walked out to the balcony at the back and they followed. I slipped my hand into my back pocked and pulled out the check.

"Can I just say that this isn't the dark ages and there are plenty of ways in this day and age that who your carrying can be...handled. In a way that is safe and good for everyone." Jackson folded his arms "That being said I like you Melissa and i respect you not out of fear unlike most people I know. Which is why if your insistent on doing this against the advice of a Doctors daughter, then have this." I held out the check

"260 dollars."

"You serious." I nodded

"We'll pay you back Ali, every cent."

"No we won't" Jackson took it off me

"You don't have too, this amount doesn't even make a dent in my family's account"

"Then that's worse, we're not some charity." He handed it back to me

"Yes we are Jack. Won't your family mind."

"It's not charity. As for my family, let me deal with them if need be. Besides..." I turn my attention to Jackson "I'm hiring you for dance lessons."

"For who?"

"For me."

"Yeah right, that's way too much money." It was my turn to fold my arms

"It isn't I want to dance in the end of summer talent show."

"Why?"

"I've been here three days and I've never felt more free. I'm finally gaining a backbone to not be in my family shadow. One small step for man, one huge leap for my sanity. That I would also like not to look like and elephant clomping around a room standing on others feet." He looked at me and rolled his eyes.

"Fine. But I don't do handouts. So you need to be ready in proper clothing 9am sharp."

"Okay." I handed Melissa the money and went back to my cabin. I grabbed my clothes for the next morning and had a shower before going to sleep.

----

The next morning after breakfast knowing my family was off to do whatever Renesmee said she wanted to do. I was in the dance studio ready to learn. You know for being part vampire I wasn't the most graceful. Jackson was fishing tying his shoes as I finished doing a warm up.

"You ready?" he questioend

"Yeah."

"Okay ,6,7,8. 1,2,3,4 ,234, 234." he started counting and doing these steps I looked at him and tried to mimics what he was doing

"Don't step on the one, step on the two. 234. Find the 2, you understand?"

"No." I shook my head.

"Can you count."

"Seriously?" I retorted. He went over to his Ipod and started to play his music.

"1,2,3,4. 1,2,3,4,. Find it." he came back over. "6,7,8. 1,2,3,4. 2,3,4. 2,3,4..." he began counting and I started moving my feet. I caught up to the rhythm and started moving my feet.

"To a dance position. Basic position." I copied his movement.

"2,3,4. 2,3,4. Bigger steps. Both of your toes. 2,3,4." Once I had gotten to them movements he took hod. and we started moving together him still counting.

"Eyes up." I looked up but them my arms went.

"Frame. Look, spaghetti arms. This is my dance space, this is your dance space. I don't go into yours and you don't go into mine. You gotta hold the frame. Again." we started over

"Let your whole body feel it." I shook myself loose and he stopped with a hint of a smile on his face.

"What was that."

"Shaking loose.2" I snorted a little "Preparation. Okay." I held my frame. I started counting the steps.

"Use your hips." I touched them for a second

"Don't touch them use them." I rolled my eyes. "I saw that." I smiled a little

"2,3,4" I counted

"There we go. Right now feel your partner. It's got to be off of them."

"What partner, there is nobody there." I drawled

"You have to imagine them there just like you have to imagine you have rhythm." I stopped and turned my head to him raising a eyebrow I could see the smirk settle on his face. We continued practicing separate and together. He kept telling me to look up so I did but I gave him a really creepy eyes.

"Not like that."

"But.. they're just so biiiggg." he snorted shaking his head. I grinned "Did I just make the Jackson Cassidy amused. Oh shocker."

During the training apart my eyes briefly scaled down and smirked a little.

Nice.