Chapter Four - New Friend Problems

-Ali-

The next day I split from my family to properly explore the grounds. Though it was similar to the homes we owed in the family nothing could beat this view. I like it here, I mainly like the fact that because there was so much to do my family concentrated more on that then me which meant even for  a short time I was free.

While walking around I came across Melissa at a wig stall. She saw me and smiled as I was taking a look.

"Try one on." She offered

"Me?"

"Yeah."

"It's okay, I'm not one for wigs." I replied why would I be when I can freely change my hair colour without chemicals."

"You'd make a great Cleopatra." I looked hesitant. "Come on. It's fun to be someone else." I sat down and she scooped up my hair making into a bun so that she could pin it back.

"You're a great dancer."  I told her.

"Thank you."

"I must be amazing to do something so well, all I'm good at is reading and music." I looked down then back up again "Your parents must be so proud of you."

"Wouldn't know. I haven't spoken to them in years. What's your name?" She answered grabbing the straight black wig

"Allison, but I prefer Ali."

"Why Allison is a beautiful name."

"Allison is what my family call me , you might of noticed that me and them a polar opposites. I don't like them and they don't like me. So I prefer Ali." I shrugged as she fitted the wig onto my head. I looked at her through the mirror I think she could tell that this part of our conversation was a sore subject so she dropped it.

"See, beautiful. And it's only $16.99."

"Mels." My head snapped up to the familiar voice of Jackson. He spotted me as I removed the wig

"Hey, kid. " He turned his attention back to Melissa "I just booked a private booking can you cover my two o'clock Mambo class."

"Sure Jack." He left with a kiss on her cheek. She turned back to me

"Never a dull moment. You should by that wig, never seen it better on anyone." She smiled leaving me too it. I looked in the mirror an twirled blond piece of hair that had fallen down. Bringing myself back to reality. I went to try out some other stuff before joining my family.

"Where have you been all day?" Renesmee asked bitchly

"About do you know they have these amazing stalls..." she cut me off.

"Yeah whatever. Jake..." she turned her attention to the wolf. I nodded slightly right I forgot she was self absorbed.

-----

Later in the ballroom I had been palmed of on the sweet yet slightly less interesting Michael. We swayed as I watched Melissa and Jackson dance. Mid dance though Melissa ran off. Jackson looked confused but his attention was stolen by another woman.

"Excuse me." I ran off and outside to check on Melissa.

"Melissa?" i heard someone vomiting and saw her

"Melissa, are you okay?" She didn't answer

"I'm sorry. I got worried when you ran out." I told her as she had her mouth covered.

"Yeah, I'm fine." she was lying obviously.

"You're sick. Let me take you home." I offered

"No I have to work."

"But you're sick."

"I'm not sick, I'm pregnant." Oh, oh now I got it. She realised what she said.

"You never heard that." I nodded and she went past me. Standing there for a moment I went to follow her. But she was gone.

Jackson was on the floor with the woman from earlier doing a performance that was different.

I watched heart racing a little. When they were finished and the lights came back on. I took my chance.

"Jackson."

"Hey, kid."

"You need to come with me. Now. It's Melissa." I ran out and he followed suit. We made our way to Melissa's and he opened the door seeing her on the sofa crying.

"Mels what's wrong?"

"I'm in trouble Jack." she touched her stomach. Jackson got the idea and sat down next to her.

"How did...whose is it?"

"Doesn't matter."

"Of course it matter who's ever it is needs to step up."

"He won't I already told him."

"We'll figure it out." he comforted her

"We need money, money we don't have."

"Why, Melissa this isn't 50s or 60s you get the right healthcare. Or you can raise it without the father, loads do it now. It's not like its taboo."

"You don't get it Ali. I can't lose this job. I go to a doctor here or round here the boss knows and I'm gone, I'm replaceable if I'm not in top form."

"That that's ridiculous."

"That's life. I have to go private. My cousin, went and this guy charged her $260 ."

"Couldn't you ask Mr Summers for an advance?"

"For this? Sure."

"He's just aching for a reason to fire us, he catches on about this it's over... for both of us."

"Jack. I'm scared, what if it shows."

"I'll help you." I told her thinking I could use my gifts but disguise it as really good maternity clothing or whatever.

"No offence, but this is none of your business."

"She's just trying to help." Melissa softly defended me

"Thanks, for coming to get me. You did your good deed for the day now why don't you go back to where you came from." I bit my lip and folded my arms. Looking at Melissa I decided to leave not wanting to make her situation anymore worse.