24) G r e e n

I'm just jealous
I'm just human
Don't judge me,”

-JEALOUS| BEYONCÈ

“She may have that long legs and
blonde hair,
But I've got your heart inside mine,
And its mine to take care,”

_________________________

BRAYDON'S P.O.V

ARABELLA COLOURS WAS, for lack of better words, just plain fucking adorable. It's not the fact that her face gets red whenever I talk to her about our kiss, or the fact that she gets riled up over the smallest things, it's just the way she acts.

Fucking cute.

It was unlike me to actually like a person, especially a girl. I've never had feelings for any girl before, no, I've never even been remotely attached to them before. But Colours was different...she was a ray of sunshine in my otherwise rainy world. Our supposed 'date' had gone pretty well, save for my annoying relatives and the somewhat boring wedding procession.

I never did understand the deal with weddings.

Maybe it was the fact that my parents didn't get married, or maybe it was the fact that I hardly saw them, save for the weekly Skype calls and juicy cheques. Whatever they did however, they did together. I was glad they had each other...but as parents, they both sucked. I had forgotten to care about my lack of childhood long ago, especially since I always had avó with me. She was my rock and I didn't need any other guardian.

Back to Bella, the girl was definitely something else. I knew that what I felt for her was different...and well she was beautiful, in every sense. I was shocked when I saw her outside my doorstep after that match, and even more shocked when she gave me a hickey.

And that, is what got me loosing control.

“Braydon, filho, você estará em casa para o almoço?” I heard Avó ask, as she looked at me holding a spatula in her hand. (Will you be home for lunch?”

Si, Avó.” I replied while taking out a granola bar from the fridge. (Yes, grandma)

“Okay, bye Avó!” I kissed her on the cheek as she smiled and waved me goodbye.

Getting into my car, I was pretty happy to go to school today. Which was definitely a first, since it was the middle of the week and it wasn't like I had practice, which gave me no reason to be so ecstatic. Yet, here I was smiling like a fool on a Wednesday morning, as I drove to school.

And I'm sure a certain blonde girl was the reason behind it.

___________________

My day was going in an extremely slow pace. First, when I walked towards the lockers, I realised that Colours was nowhere to be found. Then as I proceeded for homeroom, I spotted her but she was seated with Nathan, which got me slightly annoyed, since she didn't even notice me around. I tried to get her attention by throwing a paper ball at her, but it hit the wrong girl who ended up giving me a murderous glare. After homeroom, I stopped by Bella's desk to greet her, which she returned with much enthusiasm except it was short-lived, since she had to rush for AP Psychology.