1 9) C o f f e e

“Don't walk away, don't roll your eyes They say love is pain, well darling, let's hurt tonight

Don't walk away, don't roll your eyes They say love is pain, well darling, let's hurt tonight.”

-OneRepublic

______________________________________

“Your smell infiltrates my senses
the way coffee beans do early morning. It's bitter but addictive.”
_

______________________________________

I HATE Emotions. They were the one thing that kept messing up everything I had going on in my life. If there were a drug that could stop the unexpected wave of emotions one feels, I would probably be the first person to buy the lot and overdose. Not a good move, but I'd probably do it. Probably.

Braydon had not contacted me after our last...encounter. I know I was rude, but so was he. He clearly crossed a line and I had no idea what got into him recently for acting the way he did, but he had to control it. Atleast for the competition. If he doesn't want me in his life, then too bad because he will just have to suck it up and face me for the next ten days atleast. I was a bit upset with his behavior, since I didn't expect him to shun me out like that, not after the last couple of days we spent with each other. We had fun, I thought he was enjoying too, so what really happened?

You're caring a bit too much.

Maybe I am, but I honestly didn't mind. I didn't mind caring about him for a second. He was one of the best souls I'd met, despite what he claims himself to be and I'm sure of the fact that there is a lot of potential to be nice in him, he just doesn't want to acknowledge it.

I sigh a plop down on my bed, dragging my bag along with me. I finally managed to finish packing my stuff a while back, and despite my mom's effort to help me and remind me - ten times- about things, I did a satisfactory job. I glanced at the clock lying on my desk, I had about 10 more minutes to go before Nina shows up on my porch. Picking up my knapsack and cross-checking my room one last time, I walked down towards my kitchen to grab a bite.

“Where are you going?”

I settled my bag on the counter near the front door and watched Jasmine descend the stairs in all her lackadaisical glory. Raising my eyebrows at her question, I returned back to settling my bags.

“I am off to Carlton, sleeping beauty.”

I walked towards the kitchen and proceeded to take out some juice from the fridge. I poured some of it in a glass and went on to make egg fry for myself. Looking at Jasmine, who was busy scrolling down her phone, I sighed.

“Want some?” I asked, flipping the egg and settling it on the plate.

She nodded wordlessly, without looking up from her phone. Her attitude irked me,  this wasn't the first time she was acting like this and I felt absolutely rankled by her behavior (or lack of it) recently. Mum and I were talking about it last night, and she came to the conclusion that once I'm back, we were going to form a weekly routine to spend some time with one another. Minus technology, except maybe Netflix for movies. It seemed like recently, we didn't spend as much time with each other and one person couldn't be blamed, but Jasmine had gone a bit wayward and even skipped dinner a few times without informing. It bugged mum and I both, but I let it slide while Mom took it up with her only to get an unemotional response, which upset both of us.