Kabanata 3

KABANATA 3

“Sobrang tangkad mo na!” Jeneva squealed as Rosaline and I walked down the stairs.

“Gosh, I missed you so much! You didn’t tell us you’re marrying na pala,” I told her as we hugged.

“Hey, I posted it on IG! Haven’t you seen it?” she asked. Umiling ako. I neglected my social accounts these past few months. I have no reason to maintain them anyway. I’m not a celebrity who needs to update people what I’m doing. No one would even care about my posts.

“Wait, I didn’t know that you had an IG account!” sabi ni Rosaline. Muntikan na akong mapa-face palm sa harapan nila.

“That’s because you don’t have one, Rosaline! Have you even made your twitter account yet? All you have is a Facebook account!” I told her. She smiled at me.

“Well, why should I make those? I have nothing to post. I am a very private person,” she said.

“Oh really? Was that before or after you posted and bragged about your boyfriend?” Jeneva sarcastically replied. I saw how Rosaline’s face turned into beet red.

“Hey, I did not brag about Mark! I just showed to the others that he’s mine. Fangirls are constantly swarming over my boyfriend,” she told us.

“Okay, fine, whatever. Can we go already? I want to spend the whole day with you, guys! You have lots to tell me. Especially you, Cassandra.” She pointed a finger at me. I gulped. Does she know already what really happened between me and her brother? Is she angry about it?

“Huh? Me?” I asked her, as if clueless about what she’s talking about.

“I heard from Jasper that you already have a boyfriend!” she said. Nakahinga naman ako nang maluwag nang sinabi niya iyon. I thought we were busted.

“Oh, that? It’s no big deal,” I told her.

“News flash, dear, it is. At least, for us,” said Rosaline.

“Okay, fine! Magk-kwento ako mamaya, pero pwede na ba tayong umalis? I’m starving and I’m craving for some donuts,” I said. We went out and got in Jen’s car. I was placed at the passenger seat while Rosaline sat at the back.

“Kailan ba namin makikilala iyang mapapangasawa mo? Kakausapin na namin para hindi na masyadong magsisi kapag nakatali na talaga sa iyo,” sabi ko. Natawa naman si Jeneva.

“Gaga. Edi hindi ko na lang papakilala sa inyo,” she told us while driving.

“Not fair, Jen! You know about our relationships, it’s time to tell yours. Who is the unlucky guy? How did you two meet?” Rosaline bombarded Jen with questions about the groom-to-be.

“Calm down, Rosaline! Well, his name is Daniel. I met him in an art exhibit. Coincidentally, we were looking at the same painting and we just shared opinions. That was followed by another art exhibit meeting. After that, we went to a few dates and decided to keep it real,” she narrated.