Kabanata X

"Where are you?" Jasper asked me through the phone.

"I'm coming," I replied, although I was still picking a dress to wear. I can't tell him that I just woke up and today's event flew out of my mind! He'll go crazy!

"Come on, Cassandra, I can hear you running around your room. I'm going there," he told me and ended the call. Tinapon ko ang cellphone ko sa kama at nagmamadaling pumasok ng banyo. At least man lang, nakaligo na ako kapag dumating siya.

"Why do you girls take a long time preparing for something? It's just simple, you have to pick a dress, or a shirt and pants, then wear it, then voila, you're good to go!" tanong ni Jasper sa akin habang sinusuot ko ang wedges ko.

"It's not THAT easy kaya! You have to think of the colors pa and if this piece go well that one and what appropriate accessories to wear. Then you have to pick your shoes pa. Do you have to wear heels, or sandals, or leather shoes ba? Open ba or closed shoes? Fashion is complicated and we, ladies, want to look presentable," sabi ko sa kanya at inayos naman ang make-up ko.

"I look presentable and I only took ten minutes to prepare," defense niya.

"Oh, stop it. Syempre ang general lang naman ng mga damit niyo. Habang kami, may different kinds pa. Okay, I'm finished," sabi ko sa kanya at pinagdikit ang labi para magpantay ang lipstick ko.

"Finally! Akala ko tatanda na tayo dito e," pagbibiro niya kaya naman hinampas ko siya.

"Ayaw mo nun? You'll grow old with me naman," I told him and I winked at him. He smiled and off we went.