⊲|CHAPTER:61'I HAVE WON SOMETHING GREATER THAN WORLD '|⊳

Depuis le début

* * * * *

Stretching my body, I yawned. Realization struck me as I felt myself laying on a bed that was not mine. My eyes opened up to witness my surroundings representing a hospital room. Sitting up, I dragged my body ahead trying to get hang of all the things that happened.

My eyes caught a movement outside my room's door and I looked up to meet with the sight of a curious looking Lucas. His smile was wide as he entered the room. "You're awake, I see."

"Yeah. How's-"

"For how long you hadn't slept?" He interrupted me.

"Uh- I was kinda... um, sleep never came. I hadn't had proper sleep in almost two weeks. Even if I was sleeping, my mind was always awake, thinking about stuff."

"And food? How long have you been starving yourself?"

"Lucas, I didn't starve myself. I just... I couldn't eat okay?"

"And to think all of it was because of me, I don't know how do I correct it. It's like I'm being punished fir something." He continued, "I need you to know that I care about you, I like you Sophie. And definitely not as a sister or a friend. But I know, you're not rightfully mine. You can't be mine. Because that guy out there has your heart locked. And I'll be more than happy to do anything to reunite you guys. I promise." I stared up at him, nodding like an idiot as I was too shocked to utter anything.

Lucas liked me.

Carter was outside.

Lucas chuckled, bringing me out of my train of thoughts. A sudden urge of knowing about Richards health grew inside of me. "Lucas, how's Richard? I mean he's fine, right?"

"He's in the operation theatre. The operation has been carried out fine. Now we're waiting fir him to wake up. I'm sure he'll be alright. Don't worry, okay?" His words were like a sharp knife to my chest. The heaviness increased as I realized I could've been the reason for someone's death. I wanted a miracle to happen, to have my marriage canceled and God did it this way.

It was all my fault. I was the reason a human was struggling some minutes earlier in the operation theatre.

"He's going to be okay, right?" I found myself questioning. I needed to see him but I couldn't face Carter in my way. Going out to watch Richard would mean meeting with the sight of Carter– that, I couldn't do.

"He's going to be fine. Don't worry, he'll be perfectly fine. You know, you need to eat something. You fainted because of excess weakness. Come on sit up, I'll go get food for you. Oh, maybe I should leave you to talk to Carter...?"

"No Lucas. Please just.... I just want to be alone for a while. Just let me know about Richard's condition time by time okay?" I asked, laying back on the bed again.

"No Carter then?"

"Exactly. Lucas I can't face him. I can't face that look he is giving me ever since he has known." Sadness accumulated in my heart as I realized that Carter had been waiting outside for me but I couldn't face him. I didn't have enough power in me to meet those eyes of Carter's.

"What about food? You need to have something in your system. Please, I'll get something to eat for you, okay?"

"I can't eat anything right now-"