Chapter 11 "Back To School"

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry," I said. Honestly, I didn't have any intention to apologize to her but knowing her, she would probably try to get away from me and I just couldn't risk it. Her deep blue eyes found mine as she gazed into me.

"Really?" she asked uncertainly.

"No,"

"Ugh, you..." She tried to pull away her hand but I gripped it firmer.

I sighed, "Ofcourse I meant it! I'm sorry," I mustered up a soft smile and after contemplating for a moment, her expression softened then her lips curled up into a smile. Knowing that was back to her usual self, I was about to pull my hand from hers but she held it firm and instead laced her fingers with mine. Looking at her, confused, all I got in return was her smile that was still written in her pretty face.

We started walking hand in hand which I didn't mind, given the few stares of few students lingering in the hallway, because it felt good holding her hand like this and somehow I didn't feel uncomfortable about it.

Halfway to our classroom, I heard a familiar voice called out my name. Turning to my back, I spotted Sara who was running towards us with a wide smile on her face and suddenly wrapped her arms around me which surprised me. My arms instinctively circled her body to steady her, letting go of Liv's hand in the process.

"Oh my God, I missed you. Where have you been? Where have you two been?"

"Um, I had to do something important. I don't know about Olivia though. Were you absent also?" I asked turning to Liv who seemed confused but seeing the left eyebrow I raised, she faintly nodded in understanding.

Turning to Sara, she mustered her usual bitchy face, "W-Well, I don't think you have to know what I had been doing Sara, we're not close." Sara just frowned at her remarks.

"I was just worried, you haven't been answering my calls or texts,"

I smiled at Sara, "Well my phone broke down but... I'm back now,"

"Okay lovers, it's time to go to class," Liv intefered with a hint of irritation in her voice. As much as I wanted to chat with Sara, Liv was right, we needed to get to class. Although I hated attending classes, but just to give justice to my cover, I should be present for the attendance. Yeah, just for the attendance.

"I'll see you at lunch Sara," I said and smiled to her before following Liv who was already walking ahead.

Since we entered the classroom, Mrs. Pierce's piercing glare rarely left either of us and it was like we were the focused of her anger the whole period. Ofcourse it didn't bother me, neither did to Liv since we both knew that she couldn't do anything about our absences, tardiness or our behaviors for the matter. Who would want to touch Liv when her parents were practically the lifeline of the school. Without them, many of the school's activities and programs wouldn't be recognized and achieved. And as for me, well, being a student was just part of the cover.

The morning classes went by faster than I thought and since I saw Sara earlier, I couldn't help but feel excited that we would be taking lunch together again because honestly, I missed hanging out with her. But before we proceeded to the cafeteria, I dragged Liv first to the library to get something from Violet. Since Violet was part of the protection plan now, she suggested that it would be best for her to be near us in case something might happen, even if that meant becoming the library circulation assistant.

"Why do we have to go to the library?" Liv mumbly asked.

"I have to get something from Violet,"

"And why would she be in the library? She isn't even a student or worker here,"

"See for yourself," I replied pointing towards the circulation desk where Violet was sitting. Based on Liv's angry expression, she didn't expect to see Violet here other than in our house. Sensing that we were approaching, Violet looked up from her computer and flashed a wide smile on my way.