A Hero

[Serena's Pov]

"It's just that... I... never knew... that" He said slowly "Why you didn't told me about it? Your mom, your family and... you"

"I just didn't want to make you worried"

He hugged me.

"Promise you will always tell me about this kind of things" He whispered in my ear. I simply nodded "and just remember that I'll always be there when you need it"

----------------------

Taking him to my most precious place in the entire school. The cherry blossom trees...Some my not so many allies...

"So as you read, my life changed ever since  the last time we met..." I nervously laughed. "...I think I never actually told you this, but my mom died when I was born. She had a lethal sickness... and so..." 

I cut myself. I didn't dare  to say the next words, but I had to.

"...she left this world" A tear was being shed...

 He embraced me in a hug. I, beginnig to feel safe for a moment.

"I kind of figured that out at a summer camp a long time ago" He whispered, still hugging me "You we're always so sleepy, and you used to talk in your sleep. You used to cry, and always say things like 'Please stay!' or 'Mommy don't go' or 'Stay with me please!'."

He paused 

"I always wanted to protect you from your nightmares, but that was something I couldn't do"

"C-Coming back to school to the man's house was always... scary" I started, still embracing Ash. "Him yelling at me for killing my own mother. Him blaming her for being attached to me..." I stopped.

 "Him blaming her for not dumping me out of it" "I cried every night, for not being able to do something. Always believing in his cruel truths and lies, and for never being able to speak up for myself"

"Sometimes I felt envious of people having a caring mother, a caring father. A real family. Always asking myself 'Why can't I have a life just like them?'. These thoughts always invaded my mind, and have never and will never be answered" "Even if I die tomorrow, I was glad to tell you all of this."

"Thank you for listening, and for understanding me. I feel like I don't deserve you"

"That doesn't mean it's true. And if that is to become true, then you don't deserve someone like me.." He stopped embracing me, starting to stand up. Leaving me in the ground

What was he saying? Is he going to leave me like that? He can't do that, he-

"...You deserve something better than me. A life full of smiles and joy. A life full of love and happiness. So please, do me a favor" He said while reaching his hand to mine.

"What is it?"  I nervously asked.

"When you have all of this things, please don't forget about us, please" He said, taking my hand with both of his hands.

"I will never do that!" Tears still being shed "If we happened to say goodbye one time, I'll be sure to remember you as a person who saved my life from myself"  I told him

"Let me help you mend your broken self" He simply said, catching me off guard. "Let me be your hero, no matter how many times I need to save you." His words sincere... 

"Let me stay by your side... Serena Yvonne" He lastly said, kissing my forehead. All of his sweet words making my heart melt. My heart beating at a really unsafe speed, while blood was rushing onto my cheeks. 

Did I heard him right?

----------------------

Us together, watching the sunset. Forgetting about everything else. Not any worries. Not anymore. 

Everything so beautiful and perfect.

I wish you were still here. 

Mother...

-----------------------

Another one done...

I noticed I changed my way of writting...