Clearing My Mind

Ash's POV

"Serena!" I called her. She wasn't on any of her classes, and school has already finished. I asked for her, but no on had seen her before break. I supposed she was still on the cherry blossoms.

As I suspected, she was there, sleeping over her back-pack and the green grass. Peaceful and beautifully. How typical of her. She looks so calmed, like she's not worried of anything. Even just looking at her, makes me feel safe.

"Serena wake up" I said while moving her slightly. I kind of hate doing this, because it has been such a long time since I've seen her like that.

She started moving, but she was still sleeping.

"Serena wake up" I told her again, but this time, moving her harder than before.

"What time is it?" She asked sleepy.

"School just ended"

"Well then, gotta go. See you later" She said, picking her stuff and leaving. I should've asked her before.

"Later" I said. I looked down, and noticed she forgot something. A red book. I was about to tell her, but she was not here anymore.

Serena's POV

I left and decided to go to the park to see Eevee. She was playing with some Pokémon. It looks like she's being more open.

Those Pokémon had trainers, and so, they left.

"Hey Eevee" I called her.

"Eevee!" She cried happily.

"It's great to see you here you know"

"Eevee?" She asked confused.

"It's just that, I need a place to clear my mind, and here it's perfect" I said a little down. "And besides, It's great to have new Pokémon friends with you" I explained a little more.

"You know, things have been crazy lately. First of all, I will compete on a Pokémon Showcase, ad it has been such a long time. Second of all, the Kalos Queen, Miette, has been trying to make me quit the showcase and she has tried all of things..." I paused a little "...and last of all, If my dad, I mean, the man hears about this..." I starting holding back my tears "...he would..." I couldn't finish the sentence, after all, I couldn't imagine what kind of bad things he would do.

"Eevee" She said while jumping into my arms and trying to make me feel better. She sure was a friend.

"Thanks Eevee" I told her.

The day was kind of short, and so, I stayed at the park a little while. There wasn't much to do, after all, I could not train with Pancham and Braixen, since I left them at the Pokémon Center nearby.

It was getting late, and so, people decided to leave the park until I was alone. I could only see the beatiful sky and stars. It has been a while.

"Mom, what should I do?" I asked, still looking at the sky.

The time passed quickly and so I decided to stay in the Pokémon Center. The man wouldn't notice anyway. It's not like he cared or something.

I couldn't sleep. That was weird. I mean, even being in the man's house, I could still sleep, but now, It's so quiet. I have lots of thoughts in my mind, it should be only that, right? But I could feel that I was forgetting something.

I don't even know where to start or when.

He always blamed me. Saying that I killed my own mother. Saying that I ruined his own life. Making me feel horrible. Depressed.
That's not what a normal father should do, but my life was never normal.

Yeah, somedays would be happy, like when I met Ash. Why was I there in the first place anyway if my father 'hated' me? He didn't want me to be closer. He didn't want to see the face of a 'killer'. He didn't want to see her own daughter's face.

My mom had me at the age of 18. He was 22. Sure, it was 'okay' for some people, but some like her own mother told her to abort me, but my mom still wanted to have me. (or that's what all of the notes said)

She was eager to be with me. My father wasn't. He was a 'playboy'. He didn't expect that, but still, he 'loved' her. Everything was okay, until I was born, She was diagnosticated with a lethal infection that only occurs during birth. And so, that was how she went out of this world. Forever.

The first years of my life were 'blurry'. I can't actually remember all of them, except, that my father was never home. My grandmother and grandfather took care of me, but, we moved to Kanto, since my father had a better job opportunity.

The next years were the happiest. My father sent me to a summer camp every year until I was 9.

When I was 10, we moved to our old house in Kalos. That year was the worst. My only family that I had considered mine, (my grandma and grandpa) left this world too. I remember that I couldn't stop crying that day. But I didn't want my father to know, so every night, I cried while covering my face with a pillow.

I found out that my mother was a Performer when I was cleaning the old basement. Old tapes, a casset player, and a diary. For me.

Dear Serena:

I know it will be hard, after all, I'm not going to be with you. I would never see you taking your first steps or your first words. It breaks my heart so much, but I wanted you to live, to see the world for yourself. And so, I decided to give you this. A diary. Something to make you feel better when you're down. Something to write your feelings in when you have no one to talk to you. I hope you appreciate this.

Sincerly,

Your mother who will always be there when you need me.

The first time read those words that were written on the first page of it, It made me cry for days. But then, I decided to be a Performer, just like her. The way she sincronized the moves of the Pokémon and mixing it with the music, made me feel happy.

I always took the diary with me, even 'till this day. It made me feel like a part of her was with me protecting me from anything.

I trained and trained for years. I wanted to be the best, but I did not succeed to fullfill my dream. I felt like my mother would be disappointed. I stopped writting on it, but I still took it with me.

Maybe if I take a look at it again, I could get some sleep.

--------------------------

Done!