“Hmmm, I see.” The Doctors both replied at once.

                “Asher, will you help us?” Dr. Moore asked.

                “Why? And with what? How do I know I can trust you?” I replied cautiously.

                “We’ve been looking for you, or more your kind, since our fathers died fifteen years ago. You can help us find more of your kind so we can protect humans. You can trust us because we want to help you.” Dr. Marner insisted.

                “Tell me more.” I said.

                “Okay, so, seventeen years ago, hundreds of eggs were stolen from a Sperm Bank in Alaska. Our fathers were scientists who had an idea of who did it. Dr. Henry Davis, a mad man who had quit working at the lab ten years earlier, was now obsessing over taking over the world. He had stolen the eggs, and injected them with the DNA of both impeccable beauty, and, little did we know until a few days ago, a monster. Our fathers went looking for him, hoping to catch him and take him to the authorities. It took almost a year to find him, and by then, every egg had become a one month old baby. But Davis was gone. He’s still out there. Our fathers sent the babies to orphanages scattered across the United States, not thinking about what Davis might have done to them. Then, realizing their mistake, the set out to find them all again so they could protect humanity. You’re the first one we’ve found.” Dr. Moore explained.

                “Wow… You actually believe that? That’s funny.” I laughed.

                The serious looks on the Doctors’ faces made me stop. They were serious.

                “Fine, I’ll help.” I sighed.

                A smile erupted on both of their faces. Dr. Moore began to fuss about the room tidying thing up and shoving things in duffel bags while Dr. Marner skipped around in circles. I could probably get used to these two, considering they didn’t act-

                “Oh yeah! We forgot to mention we think we have a way to keep you from changing!” Dr. Moore exclaimed.

                WHAT?!?!

                “Yeah. We went to a Protector-” I cut off Dr. Marner.

                “What’s a Protector?”

                “Oh it’s just somebody who knows simple protective shit.” Dr. Moore explained.

                “Anyways, we went to one and they gave us this to keep the monster inside of you. She said Black Diamonds keep demons from surfacing, so, here.” Dr. Marner handed me a pure black ring with three pointed Black Diamond studs.

                “It’s gorgeous and protective? I’m in love.” I smiled.

                All of us helped pack up the room and soon enough, it was back to looking like a plain hotel room. With nothing but myself and my ring, I followed the loaded down Doctors to a sleek black BMW.

                “Dr. Moore?” I asked.

                “Yeah Asher?” he replied while he threw the duffels in the trunk.

                “Where are we going now?”

                Dr. Marner glanced at a piece of paper in her pocket and turned to me. She had an excited glint in her eye when she replied.

                “We’re headed to California.”

                “YAY!” I screeched.

                With a skip in our steps, we all loaded into the car and got on the road.

--

                “CAL-IF-ORNIA GIRLS

                WE’RE UNFORGETTABLE

                DAISY DUKES BIKINIS ON TOP

                SUN-KISSED SKIN

                SO HOT WE’LL MELT YOUR POPSICLE OH!

                OH OHWAOHWA OH OHWAOHWA!”

                All of us were screaming along with Katy Perry at the top of our lungs, ever Dr. Moore. I felt so relaxed around these people, like they were life-long friends that were almost fifteen years older than me. They were like parental figures to me already, which I hadn’t known since I was thirteen.

                You see, when I was thirteen, there was an accident and both of my parents died on the way to my school to pick me up. Legally, I had to stay with my mother’s sister, who was really pissed that she couldn’t have ten guys a week over anymore. She didn’t really care what I did. I was positive she wouldn’t even notice me missing, and would probably be happy I was gone.

                “Well, here we are.” Dr. Moore announced as he pulled up to a huge iron gate.

                “This is where we’re staying?” I asked in amazement.

                “The very exclusive town of Grecia Bay, California lays beyond these gates. Our fathers bought a piece of land a long time ago and paid it off in one sitting, then built a school on it for kids like you to stay in between missions. A sanctuary, or as we have called it since we were children, The Sanctuary. It’s a nice place.” Dr. Marner chatted.

                Dr. Moore leaned out and typed in a long code then leaned back as the huge gates opened. Then we drove through. I was going to turn around and watch the gates close but my eyes were glued to a small town full of loaded people. Designer shops lined the street and teenagers climbed into the front seats of flashy cars. Women and men in custom suits strutted around on their cell phones. Even the high school looked like it belonged in the Ivy League. We drove all the way to the back of the town, to a gigantic luxury resort, and pulled in.

                “This is it.” Dr. Marner chirped and got out.

                I just passed out.

*** So how did I do?? Comment! Vote! Fan! Write!***