Day 11: Family

The team would be able to make it back for Christmas and decided that it would be a great idea for all of their families to meet as well. They knew that Lance didn't have a family to go back to and tried not to seem too excited in case they hurt him. It's only after the party that they realize how hurt Lance always is.

______________________________________________________

It would be their first Christmas home after making it back from space. Everyone was excited to spend Christmas with their families and were already discussing the plans they had made in their group chat. Unsurprisingly and unfortunately, there was a long silence from their blue paladin. Shiro was almost afraid to ask, but he wanted Lance to be included over the holiday if he had nobody to spend it with.

Space Padré: Lance, do you have any plans for the holidays?

Blue Boi: No, I don't think so. I'll probably just spend it in the dorm.

Uptown Hunk: What? Bro. No. You can come to my house, my parents would love to have you.

Baby Meme: Mine too!

County Fair: Dad would probably want to meet you.

Space Padré: Mom and Grandpa would be glad to have you too. You could come to any of our places for the holidays!

Blue Boi: You guys really don't have to. I'm really not that fun...

County Fair: Shut your whore mouth, Lance.

Uptown Hunk: Yeah Lance, you're plenty fun! You deserve to have a fun holiday!

Baby Meme: You know what we could do. We could have one big Christmas gathering with all of our families.

Uptown Hunk: That's a great idea! Then they could all meet each other too!

After that, they rushed to coordinate with each other and their families. They made sure to include Lance in all of their plans, they didn't want to make him feel uncomfortable. Whenever they would meet up, he would give them a small smile but wouldn't say very much as they planned around their schedules. It worried them but they understood. They wouldn't want to spend their Christmases without their families after all. Even when they spent time together without planning, he would sit quietly out of their circle, minding his own business or talking lowly to whoever was sitting beside him.

On the night of their party, however, he was all smiles. He introduced himself to every single member of their families and gave the parents their own little gift from him. Of course, they were all warned beforehand to not ask about his family since they didn't want to bring up any painful memories for him.

It seemed like he was having a grand time while he danced with Matt in the middle of the room, surrounded by the family's various cousins. They laughed as Matt spun him around and dipped him low to the ground. As the music came to an end they dramatically parted from each other to go their separate ways. Lance walked over to them, throwing an arm around Shiro and Hunk.

"Great party guys!" He commented.

"Yeah, it came out much better than I was expecting honestly," Shiro said looking around the room.

"Right? Who knew that Pidge had so many cousins!" Hunk laughed. It was true, they weren't expecting the Holts to walk in with a train of people following behind them.

"They're Italian,"

"That is true,"

"What are you guys doing?" Keith's voice drawled from behind them. They turned and saw him standing, holding a cup, but what really drew their attention was the sweater he was wearing.