Keeping Enemies Close

Start from the beginning

"So it's true. Hello Bran. Do you remember anything about what happened?" Tyrion asked the boy.

"He has no memory of that day." Maester Luwin answered for him.

"Curious." Tyrion commented.

Jaidyn sighed as she heard her husband's words. "Why are you here?" She sent him a pointed look as Tyrion's attention stayed on Bran.

Tyrion simply ignored Robb. "Would your charming companion be so kind as to kneel, my neck is beginning to hurt."

"Kneel Hodor." Bran commanded the giant.

"Do you like to ride Bran?" Tyrion asked once Bran was at a more reasonable height.

"Yes. Well, I mean, I did like to." Bran answered.

"The boy has lost the use of his legs." Maester Luwin stated.

"What of it? With the right horse and saddle, even a cripple can ride." Tyrion input.

"I'm not a cripple." Bran said defensively.

"Then I'm not a dwarf. My father will rejoice to hear it. I have a gift for you. Give this to your saddler. He'll provide the rest." He said to Bran handing a parchment. Then he spoke to the others his idea. "You must shape the horse to the rider. Start with a yearling and teach it to respond to the reigns and the boy's voice."

"Will I be able to ride?" Bran questioned.

"You will. On horseback you will be as tall as any of them." Tyrion stated. This caused a happy glint in his eyes as he looked up to Jaidyn who stepped beside him. He handed her the parchment so that she could look them over.

"Is this some kind of trick? Why do you want to help him?" Robb questioned confused by his actions. A look from his wife made him quiet and watch the lord.

"I have a tender spot in my heart for cripples, bastards, and broken things." Tyrion said. His eyes falling on Jaidyn at his last words. He had known Jaidyn's story and realized how her life might have been different.

"You've done my brother a kindness. The hospitality of Winterfell is yours." Robb stated.

"Spare me your false courtesies, Lord Stark." Tyrion replied. "There is a brothel outside your walls. There I'll find a bed and both of us can sleep easier."

When the lord left the hall Jaidyn decided that there might be the time to question Robb. She look toward Robb and motioned to the door she had entered from. Seeing her movement he took in a sigh and got up to follow her knowing he was in for some kind of lecture.

With the two alone, Jaidyn sent a look at him and waited for him to explain. Robb knew the look on her face and tried to figure out what his next words would be.

"Why didn't you tell me Tyrion Lannister was here?" Jaidyn said after Robb didn't say anything.

"I wanted to keep you safe." Robb answered honestly hoping that it would calm her down a little but it didn't have the effect he hoped for.

"I understand my love. But we need to keep our enemies close. Keep a watchful eye on them so that no one else needs to get hurt." Jaidyn began to explain to him. "The way you were acting toward him may have caused him to become even more suspicious. We don't need the Lannisters in our business even more."