Part 18

Episode16

The days were going hard for Laksh Maheswari, although everything was going great in his professional front, but on personal front it was a disaster.

 Laksh's POV

Meeting Swara each day as stranger and boss was taking its toll. She would smile at any random person but when it comes to him she did not even look into his eyes... and that Rahul was a different case altogether. He used to openly flirt with Swara and she like an idiot just kept laughing... even her ever proper friend Ragini had nothing to tell Swara in this matter. She too seemed very different after her marriage... She always sticks with Swara like old days and never let her alone. Doesn't she have a husband to take care of.....

 As the days went by everything seemed normal to everyone but there was a storm in Laksh's and Swara's hearts. They avoided each other as much as possible when they visited each other's place, and when they talked they talked in mono lines and that also when it was unavoidable. Swara's visit to Maheswari House very less and even when she visited it was like a guest only. There was one person who noticed all this with a pain and that was Sujata, but she knew she could do nothing as this two had an ego as big as Mount Everest which was unshakable.

Days passed and it was death anniversary of Ram Prasad Maheswari and everyone were sitting in front of holy fire in Maheswari Farm House. Everyone was present there along with the Maheswari family and the Sharma family. Sitting in front of the fire in farm house Swara's thoughts were back to another function held here exactly 1535 days ago which had changed her life....  

FLASHBACK...

Everyone had gathered in the farm house for the celebration of Laksh's great success in London but rather than focusing on that everyone seems to be busy in getting her married. Ginny aunty seems have brought this great boys proposal after hearing which mom was in seventh heaven. And that idiotic boy and his family were coming to meet me in the Maheswari's function. How bad can it get.....I tried every arrow in my quiver to stop this but it was of no use. Finally I decided to meet him scare him off. 

On the day of function their parents liked me and they were ready for my every condition.They send me and this guy Viraj to talk alone on pool side. On seeing his Colgate smile I just felt like taking him by neck and drowning him in the pool,but for the sake of my mother and my beautiful peach dress I just kept smiling and gave answers like it was school viva....

Suddenly out of nowhere I felt like someone's gaze on me, I felt like the air carried someone's beautiful touch. I looked here and there and found Laksh standing in a corner leaning on a pillar. First I thought like past few days it was my imagination,but soon the subject of my imagination started moving towards me. I was at lose of words when he suddenly came and stretched his hand towards Viraj... 

S:(in thoughts.... Crap what is he doing here,and why is looking at me like that does he know, is it so evident on my face) 

V: Hey.... You are Laksh Maheswari right..?

L: Yes guilty as charged. But who are you?

V: Hey I am Viraj.... Viraj Rajput. I came to see Swara....

L: ( in thought.....what man... what is she Taj Mahal that you came to see her) (feeling jealous) Man I was gone for few months and you were so bored that you decided to get married.

Swara was still not able to say anything she was in a state on utter shock already and Laksh's presence so near her was of no help at all.

L: Swara....(he softly called)