Chapter 1

Saya's POV
I ran through the hallways to where the jewel I'm after is. Then, as I open the door, I saw a man in a red coat and a red hat steal my jewel. I quickly catch him by the coat but he obviously does't realize I'm there because he would've done something. This is a good opportunity to steal the jewel back. So I try to grab the jewel from his pocket when we suddenly stop at a fancy hotel window.

"Hello, everybody," said the man in red.

"Hey, Baba. Did you get what you wanted?" a man with brownish-orange hair and a white shirt with a striped jacket on.

"But of course."

"Really? I don't recall you saying you wanted to steal a kid," said a man with grey hair and eyes and a chin beard with a cigarette in his mouth. He has a grey suit on with a white button up shirt and a grey striped tie. He must have an obsession with grey.

"What do you mean?"

"Look down."

The man in red, they called Baba, looked down at me, surprised to say the least.

"Who are you?" I said nothing.

"Answer the question, girl," said a scary man with slicks back black hair and a grey suit and a dark blue dress shirt. I said nothing.

"Can you talk?"

"Um...I need that jewel," I said pointing at the pink jewel Baba had.

"And why is that?" Baba asked.

"I want to help Mommy. Without the money, she might die."

"What do you mean?"

"Mommy's in the hospital. She risked her life to save me so I want to help her now."

"Risked her life? What do you mean?" a man with brown hair and a purple shirt and a black suit asked.

"Bad people are after us."

"Bad people?"

"Scary men with guns. Daddy sent them after us. Mommy's in the hospital because of them."

"Enough of the scary talk for now. How old are you, little lady?" Baba asked.

"Five."

"And you've been stealing?"

"You're doing it, too."

"She's got a point," said the man with the cigarette.

"Well, I'm not five, Mamo," said Baba.

"Mommy started when she was six. I don't see the problem," I said.

"That's too sad to think young kids are thieves nowadays."

"Can I have the jewel now?"

"How much do you need to help your mom?"

"With all the surgeries and tests she's been through, about 20 million."

"20 million? This jewel is probably worth 20 million. How long has your mom been in the hospital?"

"2 years now."

"2 years, huh? And you've been all by yourself this whole time? Can I speak with your mom?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"She's not awake yet. She's been asleep for 2 years now. The doctors don't know when Mommy will wake up."

"And your dad?"

"Daddy is the one who hurt Mommy. He's in the mafia." Everyone froze at my words.

"Mafia? Do you know which group?" The man with black hair asked.