Chapter 4

Sakura's POV
I drove to the Python's HQ with my Koenigsegg CCXR Trevita. As I arrive, I was stopped by some members of the Pythons. They're some people I know quite well.

"Sakura, it's a surprise to see you back here," said Sora.

"I'm done running. I need to speak with him," I say trying to act brave and strong.

"And you really think he wants to see you?" Hiro asked.

"Please. I need to speak with him. You know I wouldn't come back here unless it was really important," I begged. "And you know I would never beg unless I really needed to."

"Sakura, we already helped you escape once. If he captures you again, I'm not sure you'll be able to escape again," said Takashi.

"I know, but it's a risk I'm willing to take."

"Very well. Come follow me," said Captain Daiki. I follow him to Akio's office. "Are you sure about this?"

With determination I replied, "yes." Captain Daiki knocked on his door and it opened, revealing a messed up office with Akio in the middle, emitting a strong, dark aura.

"Sir, Sakura would like to speak with you."

"Sakura?" he replied with surprise. "Bring her in." As soon as I enter, Akio says, "you may now leave, Daiki." With that, Daiki leaves.

"Akio..." I said with concern.

"What do you want, Sakura?" he asked with venom in his voice.

"Akio, I would like to ask you a question."

"And Why should I answer?"

"6 years ago, a stranger came to your office and made you an offer of world domination. You refused his offer and then he showed you something. Would you please tell me what that object was?"

"What does it matter to you?"

"Akio..."

"Look, even if I wanted to, it wouldn't make much of a difference."

"What do you mean?"

"As soon as the stranger left, it was like he disappeared from existence. I've tried to track him down for years but eventually gave up."

"Can you please tell me what he showed you?" He seems conflicted like he's fighting an internal battle. He's suffering and I can't do anything to help him.

"No. If that is all, leave."

"I can't do that."

"What?"

"I'm not leaving you to suffer alone again. Please, let me help you."

"You can't. Now, leave," he said pointing his gun at me, but I didn't leave. Instead, I walked closer to him. "Sakura, I won't ask you again."

"Akio, you'll be okay. I'm going to help you."

"I said leave!" he yelled shooting at me. I dodge the bullet and continue to walk toward him. He keeps shooting at me and, as I get closer, the harder it is to dodge the bullets. I get hit, two in my right thigh, one in my stomach, and one in my left arm. However, I push through the pain and continue to walk toward him.

"Akio, you can injure me all you want, but I will not leave."

"I will cause chaos to this world and there's nothing you can't do to stop me." I finally make it to him and hug him, but he shoots one more bullet to my chest. I refuse to back down and use the rest of my strength to kiss him. I feel all the tension in his body disappear as I lose consciousness.

~Back to the bidders~

Soryu's POV
That stupid woman, believing she can take down the Pythons by just talking. Blood will be spilled and it will be her blood.

"Soryu, what are you going to do?" Eisuke asked.

"Nothing. That woman brought this on herself. Why should I get the Dragons involved in her problems?" I respond coldly. Then, her daughter came down.

"Where's Mommy?" She asks.

"Hello, little lady. Your mom had to run an errand. She won't be back for awhile but she told us to tell you to stay put," said Baba. That idiot.

"She went to Akio, didn't she?" That girl is pretty smart.

"No. She went out to buy you something," said Ota.

"Liar!"

"Listen, kid," said Mamoru.

"Saya."

"Saya. Your mom just doesn't want you to get hurt. Meeting with Akio is a huge risk and if something happened to you, she would never be able to live with herself. Do you want her to live with that guilt for the rest of her life?"

"I'm not helpless. I'm a thief, remember? I can help Mommy and you can't stop me!" She walks toward the elevator. Tsk. Stubborn kid. I stop her before she reaches the elevator. "Let me go!"

"Your mom made us promise to keep you safe. I don't go back on my word. It goes against my morals," I say.

"But Mommy might be in trouble. I can't just let her get herself killed."

"Your mom is a strong woman. She'll be fine." Did I really just compliment a woman?

"Look, your mom is just trying to protect you. You can't blame her for being a mom, can you?" Eisuke said.

"But Mommy is going to die," the kid says.

"What makes you say that?" Ota asks.

"Mommy has a bad habit of putting others first. Knowing her, she'll probably risk her life to save Akio." She's right. From what I've seen so far, she was determined to save him. That idiot woman. "Will you help her?" she asked with puppy eyes.

"Of course we will, little lady," Baba says.

"Really? Thank you so much!"

"No problem. We're happy to help, right guys?"

"Yeah!" Ota exclaimed. "This'll be fun." Do these idiots realize who we're up against? The Pythons are the strongest mafia group.

"I guess this'll be entertaining," says Eisuke.

"Count me out," says that lazy detective.

"What? But..." Saya starts to cry. The guys just glare at him.

"Fine. I guess I'll help."

"Yay!" Then, everyone turns their attention to me. Great. If I refuse, the girl will cry again and that'll be annoying but if I agree, I'll be declaring war between the two groups. I make up my mind.

"I..."

Cliffhanger