Let You Drown -Plance-

Requested by sadiaa101 
Pidgance mermaid au
*I kinda made this angst*

They trudged through the jungle, trying to avoid having to walk through any bodies of water. Lance, Hunk, Keith and Allura were passing through the Nymerian rain forest, making their way to the City of Altea.  At the city, Shiro and Coran, fellow scientists of the natural world, were waiting. It would have been a simple task, just pass through a semi dense forest, if not for the mermaid infested waters. Mermaids were feared by every human that lived close to water. Although not much was known about the elusive creatures (since no one has lived to tell,), one thing is definite;
They kill any human that dare to trespass into their waters.

After they had been walking for quite some time, they came across a large river that stretched for miles. They had to cross, there was no other way. So Keith and Hunk went off to go find any way they could get across. Lance and Allura discussed about what they would be doing once they were at Altea.
Finally, Keith and Hunk say they found a log that they could walk across. All four of the scientists made their way to the natural bridge and started walking across.
Halfway there, Lance's foot slides on a wet piece of moss, making him lose his balance and plunge into the river. Time seems to stop for him, he was going to die.
The other three are horrified. Their Lance just fell to his death. Quickly, the rest hurried to the other side of the river and break down.
Meanwhile, in the winding river of doom, three merhumans surround Lance. He opens his eyes and almost screams. Two are female and one is male. One of the females has a pink tail and blond hair, she looked upset and seemed to arguing with the male, who had a purple tail and light purple hair. Finally, just when Lance was about to run out of breath, the third mermaid took him. She had a green tail and caramel hair. Her tail thrashed up and down as she swam, pulling him into a cave. In her hands, she created an air bubble and placed it onto Lance's head. This made him confused, he expected her to give him a horrendous death.
Suddenly, the mermaid's mouth moved, but he was so bewildered he didn't even catch what she said.
"Swim, fast. Make sure they don't catch you." He normally would've thought she was just giving him false hope, but the seriousness in her tone made him trust her. He nodded, and did as she asked, soon making it to shore.
He jumps out of the water and is instantly embraced by the rest of his group.
"We thought we lost you!" Was told multiple times.
" I didn't know what to do..." Allura said, hugging him even tighter. He snuggled into the nest of arms and bodies, enjoying the warmth. Lance decided not to tell them about the mermaid.

Soon, they enter the City of Altea. Shiro and Coran greet them and bring the crew into a hotel where they spend the night.
The next morning, they are brought into a lab. A lady walks up to them, " You have been given a new task," she says, " You are to study and analyze a mermaid. While you we sleeping, other explorers managed to capture one." She leads them to a smaller laboratory. It has everything you would expect, but there's a large tank in the right corner of the room.
Inside is the mermaid that let Lance escape, and his heart stops for a moment. She's beautiful.
All four of them walk over to the tank and try to talk with her, but the only response they get is a hard slap on the glass from her emerald tail and a menacing hiss. All of them jump back, her front two canines are fang-like and sharp. Shiro writes the trait shakily onto a piece of paper.
Once they have written little things about the mermaid, they decide to let her get used to her area. They all sit down and just talk for a while. But not Lance, he stares at her the entire time. She, however, glares back. Her stare seems to stab him right through his eyes and soul.
Although she couldn't speak through the glass to him, her message was clear.
'I wish I let you drown.'
( sorry for any mistakes, I'm trying a new writing style and it's late, so I'm a little tired. Hope I did what you wanted!)