Pastel v Punk

Tree bros

-+-

   Connor sat behind the register of the old flower shop, gently tugging at the light blue apron he had to wear. It stuck out like a sore thumb with all of his black clothes. To make matters worse, he couldn't even wear his hoodie. He was left with his skinny jeans and a black t-shirt. He wanted to work at the tattoo parlor across the street, but he was too young for that. And he needed 'experience'. So he was stuck in this god-forsaken flower shop. There was only one bright side, and that was Evan.

   Evan was a small, innocent, pastel boy who would visit the shop every day. He would wander the isles filled with different flowers and marvel at them. He always bought something, and occasionally, he would buy one for Connor. The one thing he never ceased to do, however, was to ask about the meaning behind the flowers he bought. Connor, in all honesty, knew nothing about the flowers aside from the fact that they were pretty and Evan likes them.

   Connor was snapped from his daze by the small bell above the door. He had a customer. Yippee. He got up and walked towards the door, smiling brightly when he saw Evan in his light-wash overalls and a pastel pink t-shirt under it. He had a light blue flower behind his ear and he looked as amazing as he always did in Connors eyes. The boy waved timidly and made his way over.

   "H-hey! Did you learn a-about the meanings yet?" Evan looked up at the tall boy, smiling softly. He liked him. But he didn't like him because he was the dark and mysterious type. No, he liked Connor because of the opposite. Connor often showed Evan his sweet and caring side, even if it wasn't on purpose. That was what Evan liked about him.

   "No, school and stuff keep me busy, Ev. I mean, I'm pretty sure the one you're wearing is a Forget Me Not." Connor tilted his head, looking at the small blue flowers that complimented Evans eyes.

   "C-c'mon you dork. I'm gonna teach you!" Evan grabbed Connors hand and dragged him throughout the store, pointing at certain flowers and telling him all about their meanings. The orchids, baby's breath, all of them had such different and unique meanings. At the end of their tour of meaning, Connor had an idea.

   "Hey Ev, I'm gonna need you to sit here for a split second, yeah?" Evan complied, burrowing his eyebrows at the tall male who wandered the isles and picked certain flowers. He then went directly to the back room where the shop organized custom bouquets. He grabbed a light blue vase and began arranging his chosen flowers neatly. Carnations, Lilies, Baby's Breath, and Forget-Me-Nots. He then wrapped a small pink bow around the vase and smiled. He hid the arrangement behind the register and called Evan over.

   "Alright. You ready to check out?" Evan nodded and set a small bouquet of Baby's Breath on the counter. Connor smiled and typed in the price. Evan began to fish out his wallet but Connor was quick to stop him.

   "No no! It's on the house this time." Evan shook his head and quickly placed the five dollar bill down on the counter next to the flowers.

   "Nope! Because these are for you." Connor blushed a light pink and gently picked up the bouquet. He smiled and placed it in one of the clear vases he had under the counter. He then pulled out the arrangement of flowers he had made and handed them to Evan.

   "This is for you. If I remember correctly, all of these mean love or devotion in a way, right? Ev, would you like to go on a date with me?" Evan smiled widely at the bouquet of flowers and nodded quickly, blushing a bright red.

-+-

I need this in my life...