Pizza Delivery

Evan sat on his couch in his living room, huddled underneath his biggest and softest blanket. Jared had made fun of him at school for never watching horror movies by himself, so he made himself a promise to watch at least one. He huffed as he clicked play on Insidious. It was an older movie, so it might not have been that scary! At least, that was Evan's logic.

   As he sat, he grew increasingly anxious with every little scare. He paused the movie about 15 minutes from the end due to his hunger that had grown alongside his anxiety. He called his local Pizzz Hut and placed his order.

   "Hi there! Can I get a medium cheese pizza with 6 boneless wings on the side? Mild please. Uh huh! 4106 Oakwood Drive. Thank you!" And just like that Evan played the movie again. He jumped slightly with every and jumpscare and sinister thing on the screen.

   Once it was over, he stretched slightly and walked to his bedroom to grab his laptop. However, when he was passing his bathroom, he swore he saw a shadow through the mirror. He yelped and ran to his bedroom, diving onto his bed. He stayed there frozen, over-analyzing every little creak and tap he heard. He jumped almost three feet in the air when he heard the door bell ring. He rushed downstairs and threw the door open, hoping it would be his mom. Standing at the door, however, was Connor Murphy in a Pizza Hut uniform and his hair in a bun.

   "Pizza... Delivery? Evan? You good?" Evan blushed a bright pink and but his lip. Connor Murphy, his crush of two years, was asking him if he was okay. He smiled weakly and nodded, not even convincing himself.

   "Cut the bull, what's wrong, dude?" Connor smiled at Evan reassuringly, wanting his crush to feel comfortable enough to tell him. Yes, Connor likes Evan. A lot. Evan sighed, standing a bit to the side.

   "Come in, it's a long story." Connor blushed, but complied nonetheless. He set the pizza and wings on the small coffee table in the living room. He say next to Evan on the couch and smiled at him again.

   "Well, I was watching this stupid horror movie because Jared was teasing me for beingba scaredy cat and when I went upstairs, I thought I saw something." Evan closed his eyes tightly, expecting a snarky remark or some sort of comment about him being a loser, but only heard Connor hum slightly.

   "You want me to go check it out? You were my last delivery, so I'm not in a rush." Evan blushed and nodded slightly. He timidly grabbed Connor's hand and led him up the stairs. Connor blushed a bright red and smiled at the small boy.

   "Right here. This is where I saw it." Connor looked around the entire hallway, and even in the bedroom and bathroom. When he walked into the bedroom, he saw the black coat hanging on a hook on the door. He looked in the mirror and saw that the jacket looked like a shadow from that point of view.

   "I solved the mystery! It was the coat Ev!" Evan looked at the coat and giggled, realizing how dumb he must've been. He hugged Connor tightly and smiled at him.

   "Thanks Con. What would I do without you?" Connor blushed a bright red and hugged Evan back. He looked down at the boy and smiled at how cute he was.

   "Hey Ev, do you wanna maybe cuddle and watch some Netflix? I mean it's totally cool if you don't! I just figured... We have the pizza and the wings... And well-" Evan cut Connor off with a small kiss on his cheek.

   "I'd love to, Con."

-+-

Okay I found this one super cute 😳❤