twenty

The two met again at the same place

"I don't think we should get back together, Sungwoon."

Sungwoon nodded. "That's fair enough. I'm glad I at least got to talk to you and make things clear."

Haneul nodded at his response. "Thank you for being mature about it. I'm glad I dated a man like you. I really am, so stop laughing!"

Sungwoon stifled his laughter. "Yeah, of course, I'm not laughing. I'm really not laughing!" he told her with a grin.

Haneul threw a napkin at him with a laugh. "You're not taking this seriously!"

"But it's a little depressing if I do!" he retorted. "Besides, I know I'm a catch."

She rolled her eyes. "Why did I date you again?"

"My incredibly good looks and singing skills?" he asked.

Haneul hummed. "I don't think it was that."

Sungwoon rolled his eyes and threw a napkin at her.

They were so similar in many different ways. They dated each other because they were drawn to each other. They both wanted to be in the music industry and worked hard to try and get there. Their hard work and ambition was what made them notice each other.

Neither one of them tried to make the other notice them. It just happened and their hearts interlocked with each other. If that girl during their high school years never intervened with them, they still probably would have stayed together. Haneul might have ended up writing songs for Wanna One as well instead.

"What helped you decide?" Sungwoon asked.

"A good friend," Haneul answered. "He's helped me a lot since the first time I met him. He's been nothing but help."

"He sounds like an amazing friend, not a good friend. You should date him," Sungwoon joked, earning a chuckled from Haneul. "Maybe it's time we take out the photo from our wallets."

"I think that's a nice idea, Sungwoon. Maybe I'll pin it to my wall instead," she added with a smile.

He smiled back at her. "That way I'll always be there when you come home from a rough day."