Chapter 9

On the way to the base of mountain, Artemis was reluctant to be far away from Percy, as she was constantly walking with him. Apollo and Hestia raised an eyebrow, but they didn't raise many questions. But Apollo did tease her.

"You know," Apollo said. "I've never seen her so happy to see a male other than me."

"Shut up," Artemis grumbled. Percy and Artemis felt themselves blush, and since their emotions are basically connected, it doubles. While Artemis definitely had feelings for Percy, Percy was still thinking. Did he really love Artemis? Of course, he had strong feelings for her, and that he was close to her, but did he seriously love her?

Line Break

They arrived at the cave after a few minutes, and Percy was greeted with the warmest welcome he ever received from the Olympians. Hera hugged him while the other Olympians just patted him on the back. Well, at least no one was glaring at him, yet. "Good to have you back, brother," Hera said.

"Good to be back," Percy replied.

"Why are you here, Apollo?" Athena asked.

"I took Artemis away from Dad before he could do anything to her," Apollo said.

"What did he do?" Percy growled. Everyone was surprised at how angry he got when he heard that Zeus was about to do something to her.

"It's nothing, Percy," Artemis said. Artemis shot a glare to everyone to drop the subject, and they did. "Let's just get some rest, before Selene arrives."

Percy didn't seem reluctant to change the subject, but he decided to drop it. "Sure," Percy said. "It's almost night time. Get some rest if you can. I'll be staying on guard."

"Don't be ridiculous," Poseidon said. "You've just went through a battle with a dragon. You're the one who needs some rest." Percy gave a look that he wasn't going to take no as an answer.

"Get some rest," Percy said. "I'll wake you up if there's anything wrong,"

For some reason, they obliged at Percy's order. He was the youngest between the siblings, and yet he's the one calling all the shots. They all knew better than to do against what he said. Besides, he's the most powerful of them all. He had Kronos's powers, which meant he could practically stop them whenever he wants.

The Olympians tried making themselves comfortable, but it's been a while since they had slept without comfort. The luxury of being a god and goddess had definitely changed them.

Percy went outside, climbed onto one of the rocks that stuck out and sat there. The moon was shining brightly, which might mean that Artemis was happy, or either she was somewhere near him.

"I thought I told you to get some rest," Percy said. Artemis, who'd been hiding, yelped. She came out of her hiding place and glared at Percy.

"It's night time," Artemis grumbled. "I'm the Goddess of the Moon, Percy. Night is when I'm most powerful,"

Percy shook his head. "You're powerful whenever the moon shows up at its brightest." Percy explained. "You said it yourself; you're the Goddess of the Moon, not night. Whenever the moon shows up the brightest, that's when you're the strongest."

"You have a weird way of making people feel better," Artemis said.

"I didn't mean to discourage you,"

"Of course you didn't." Artemis rolled her eyes and sat down next to Percy. With the width of the rock just barely enough space for both of them, Artemis sat close to Percy, their shoulders were in contact. "Move back," Artemis ordered.