"Sir, jab upar se questions nahi aa rahe the, tho randomly karna shuru kiya." I was desparately trying to keep Ishita out of this mess.

"I wish I could believe you, but I don't. However, there's no way I can forge my beliefs, can I?" He scratched the bridge of his nose, leaning back on his chair. "The school doesn't take these issues easily, but I'm letting this go. But you will have to give a retest, which you would have had to give either ways."

I mentally breathed out a sigh of relief. "Thank you sir. I'll try my level best."

"The next time won't be so pleasant, remember."

How many times had I heard that sentence?

I did end up copying the notes on Linear equations that evening. And while I did so, three pairs of eyes stared me down, intently.

"Okay, look," I said looking up at them, "mujhe pata hai mai khoobsurat hu, par aise besharmon ke tarah mat taadon."

"Are you sure Mr. Thakur let you go?" Vansh asked, grabbing an apple to play with.

I rolled my eyes, huffing a breath. "Yes, he did. I just need to give a retest and try not to fail it."

"I'm really sorry, Vickey. It's because of me that you had to go through..." Ishita didn't complete her sentence.

"Oh god, cut the emotional crap will you?" I was irritated with the constant apologies. "This is not new for me. If you haven't guessed already, I'm not a goody-two-shoes!"

"Last year, a fellow was rusticated from Mystic High because he was caught cheating in the Final exams," Arnav adds.

"It's not exactly the school's fault. These students don't know how to cheat properly. I mean, come on! Who throws paper balls of answers?"

Vansh and Ishita cracked a smile at that, but Arnav didn't. "Vika, thoda serious ho. He might have let you go this time, but next time, if you are caught that is, you'd be suspended. Papa ko kya bologi?"

I pick up at my work, five pages of torture, before I snap. "Don't you guys have shopping to do, or foot ball practices, or simply minding your own business?" I glance at Ishita before continuing, "if you don't mind, I'll give your notebook back tomorrow morning. Now, if you'll excuse me."

Not that I cared about their excuses.