79 (The past)

WARNING!

Hey guys, before you start reading there's a small part that's kind of strong so you've been advised!

--------------------------------------------

Kara’s P.O.V.

“How to begin? Do I have to say every detail?”

“In order to help you, yes. If you’re worried if the details are gruesome don’t. I’ve heard horrible stories”

“I was 14, she was only 12. She was gonna be 13 the next week. It was gonna rain so we took a shortcut through a park. On our way two guys jumped us, they had BB guns but they looked pretty real so we froze. They took us to another side of the park, when we got there, there were two mattresses on the floor. They started to shoot, one hit me with the gun on my head, I was unconscious. When I woke up, I had blood all over me. I had 3 stab wounds, and I’m pretty sure I was raped. I told the doctors I didn’t want to know if I was or not.” I begin to cry. “I was 14. We were just kids. I think they thought maybe I was dead. Cause I had nothing, compared to what they did to her. Somehow I got up, blood coming out of me, and I look at her. She was---” my tongue was tied, I had knots on my throat from the images.

“She was already dead?”

“She was mutilated. She--- she was stabbed 17 times at least… and her face… her face was just gone. They stabbed her in the face!! Who does that?!!! She was just twelve years old. She did not deserve that.”

“Neither did you”

“Yeah but, she had a future and I had nothing”

"Blaming yourself won't help you. You survived that's what's important right now... Can I see the scars?”

“No, I mean, I had laser removal they just look like a cut I had when I was a kid”

“Do you feel better by letting it out?”

“A whole lot”

“All right, I would like to see you again, next week. I’ll let you go back to your son, how does that sound?”

“Okay, can you please not tell my boyfriend?”

“I can’t share anything I discuss with my patients with anyone else. But maybe you should tell him so he can understand what you’re going through.”

“I don’t think he’d want to hear this”

“Still, you should try. Maybe start with your sisters, they were there when you went through the depression. They will definitely understand why.”

“I’ll think about it… thank you”

**Back with Tyler:

“Hey” Kora was there, but no Blake.

“Hey, Blake went back to the house to get some stuff, he should be on his way back… How’d it go?”

“Okay, I guess. I’m coming back next week”

“Blake was real worried about you.”

“Well, I’m sure his aunt can comfort him” someone knocks on the door.

“Hey” Blake walks in with a bag “Can we talk? Alone?”

“I’ll be outside. Let me know if you need anything” Kora leaves.

“I brought you some clothes. And a sweater, I know how cold you get” he sits next to me.

“Thank you”