"It's alright, we can share mine." Arthur immediately supplied, and Merlin nodded his head with a quiet "Okay!" and went to grab his things. Arthur stood and waited as Merlin busied himself with his jacket and his winter cloak. The piece of clothing devoured him, making him look smaller and skinner than he already was, but it was the most adorable thing Arthur had ever seen. He walked over to Merlin and pulled the hood over his head, laughing when it covered his eyes. Merlin pulled it back a little so he could see and giggled. Arthur smiled at him before taking his hand and pulling him out the door.

They strolled casually through the town, as it was early evening and many people were still at work or even already at home. There weren't too many people out and about, probably also because of the cold. The snow on the ground was scattered around in lumps, having melted in some places beforehand. The two of them took turns leaving footsteps on each mound of snow they found, purposefully jumping into them and ruining their shoes. They laughed and wrapped their arms around each other, taking their steps simultaneously until they reached the edge of the city, where Arthur had kept his horse ready.

"Okay, ready?" Arthur asked, and Merlin nodded. Arthur climbed onto the horse first, and put out a hand for Merlin to grab, but Merlin just slapped it away. He took a step up and swung onto the saddle, in front of Arthur.

"I'm not a girl, Arthur." Merlin tutted. He took hold of the reins, but Arthur's arms wrapped themselves around his waist, and hugged him closer to his chest. Then, he placed his chin on Merlin's shoulder and leaned over to whisper in his ear.

"How come you're as beautiful as one, then?" And Merlin felt his entire body heat up, starting at his toes and moving up toward his head. His cheeks were already bright red from the cold, but it didn't help that he was pressed up against every inch of Arthur, with his body heat keeping Merlin warm.

"Oh shut it, Arthur." Merlin mumbled. He leaned back into the hold, savoring the heat, and his hood fell down as soon as he pulled at the reins and they started to trot along. Arthur stayed where he was, but put his hands over Merlin's on the reins as they went along.

They went leisurely through the forest, talking about anything and everything as they went along. Merlin was at peace, as happy as he could possibly be. Being alone with Arthur was like sitting in front of the fire on a cold night; he was was warm, comforting, and lovely. It was everything Merlin would ever want, but it still felt a little... off. He knew it was because he was keeping his magic a secret from the one person he wanted to tell the most, and it just made him feel guilty. There was no way Merlin would be able to keep his secret forever, but how could he possibly tell Arthur now that they were very quickly moving toward a romantic relationship? Hey Arthur, I have magic, and I love you, bye! Nope. Sadly, it wouldn't work.

He wondered if there was any way he could know how Arthur would react if he told him. Unless he found some spell to erase his memory afterward, Merlin figured there was no way to escape Arthur's wrath. He sighed, leaning back into the muscular chest behind him and laying his head on Arthur's shoulder. He closed his eyes, and let Arthur take the reins while he rested his head.

"What's wrong?" Arthur asked, softly. He only wanted Merlin to be happy, whether it was with him or without. He was happy for the opportunity to just hold him in his arms, but if Merlin didn't want him to, he would stop in a heartbeat.

"It's... nothing. Just a bit tired, that's all." Merlin sighed. Arthur knew it wasn't only his fatigue, but he didn't want to push. He let one hand off of the reins so he could put a hand on Merlin's side and rubbing up and down, trying to soothe him the best he could.