"This is where all the top warriors are placed," Aaron informed us. "It's easier for them to jump out the windows in case anything happens than other pack members. Your guards have already asked to become part of the warrior program we have here; they live on the floor below. We already chose these three rooms which can be split among the three of you." He pointed to one on the left and two on the right.

Without further ado, I dashed to the one on the left. Inside, there was a tiny living room that could only be defined as cute. A love couch and two plus chairs were centered around each other in front of the window. On the left side, there was a desk that took up most of the wall. A small hall led to the bedroom that had a thin privacy door. The bed was against one wall as the dressers were on the other side. Then, the bathroom had a square shower and just enough room for a toilet and sink. It would work.

Thank the blessings we aren't claustrophobic. Good choice on the room too. Do you think they noticed?

Nope.

I could practically smell the food through the wall. A kitchen was in the room next door which means I didn't have to bother anybody. Even with the walls being soundproof, I didn't want anyone hear me scream from a nightmare or something like that. They had been getting worse with the recent events so I don't even want to think about how bad they'll get now.

We shut the rooms to our doors in synch as we walked out. Through the window in the hall, I could see the clouds getting darker overhead. Aaron gave us a tour of the kitchen, living room, library, and pool that was outside. By the end, our stomachs were conducting a chorus of growls.

Amber made sandwiches in the kitchen on the bottom floor for us to eat. We didn't see any of the other pack members except for the occasional one walking around the house. This place was probably empty during most the daytime.

As we had promised the Alpha, we went to the meeting room where we met with the high rankers. All day I had been trying to remember their names but I just couldn't get them off the tip of my tongue. And, Tayla was no help since she didn't want to tell me.

"Have you decided what to do?" Alpha Elijah immediately went to the source of our discussion. He was stiff in his chair as he gazed at us expectantly.

"I think," began Harley, "that we should tell you about our story first." Elijah nodded eagerly for him to go on. "You remember about Adriana and Mauricio, correct? About how all their children were kidnapped?" He waited until everyone gave him a nod of understanding. "Kailyn, here, was their youngest that managed to escape unhindered. They've been planning for years on their attack to get her back. We can't guarantee that they'll attack your pack, but it's a likely outcome. Are you still willing on taking us in knowing that your pack will be in danger because of her?"

I knew it was the truth, but it still felt like someone swung a bowling ball at me. Tayla kept whimpering in the back of my head about how this was all her fault; there was nothing I could say at the moment to counsel her. Suddenly, warm fingers crawled and latched themselves to my wrist. Glancing over, Travis gave me a small smile.

The Alpha stared me down while mulling over his thoughts. All of us stiffened under the pressure of his gaze. I was a huge liability to his pack; especially, with the recent attacks. It would make the most sense if he ordered me off his land at that exact moment.

"They're going to attack us no matter what so I don't see the problem in having an Immortal as an ally. This just wasn't what I was expecting when you had something to say. Now about your positions?"

"Travis and I have already discussed on conducting investigations about Sabrina's group and what crimes they might be committing. We want their group destroyed," growled Harley. Both of their eyes were ashen black with bloodlust.