Chapter 23

Xander was acting distant . When we arrived at school he didn't acknowledged me or give me a kiss. I wanted to talk to him. But when I make a little effort to talk to him he just turned his head or plays the radio or simply moves away from me.

"Trouble in paradise?" I heard one voice that I hate with passion. Carlin was there with her minions looking at my state and laughing. I clenched my fists and gritted my teeth.

"Poor Destiny did you really think that Xander Anderson will like you. He despises you dear. He cannot stand you that is why he is detaching himself from you. He finally came to realize who would be the best fitted Luna"

Each words she said was inked into my heart and my soul. Xander did rejected me once. What is the possibility he will not do it again. After all I is not the most beautiful she-wolf to began with.

"Stop shunning yourself down Love" I felt warmth of his embrace. His sweet sandalwood and pine smell engulfed me. "I have my Luna and this proves I am hers only." I heard gasps from all over the corridor.

Then I looked at my mate he was looking at me with so much love. " baby girl you will and always be my one and only" He kissed me in front of whole school. My toes curled with the intensity of his powerful kiss.

I heard a low growl from Carlin. "Remember your position she is now your queen and I expect respect for me and my mate" Xander said his eyes becoming black in anger.

I put my hands over to calm him down. "It's ok Xander. I am alright." I said to him softly. His eyes blinked and then he stiffen. Oh he is mind linking. He looked at me and then smiled. "What happened is anything wrong with the pack?" I asked worriedly.

"Good news babe Ronan is awake" Relief flood my senses. "Where is he?" I asked. "He is coming in three two one..." I looked at the door and sure enough there he was walking towards me in his dark brooding persona.

I felt the other student stiffen. Yes he is a rogue but he is still is m family. I jumped on him and he caught me effortlessly. He twirled me around make me giggle like a little girl.

I felt Xander's pain through my bound. I didn't want my mate to doubt himself. Ronan sniffed the air and he eyes narrowed at Xander. "You marked that doofus?" Ronan asked. "Don't respect my mate you may be my family but I can still kick your ass"

I lead him to Xander who was stiff in his presence. "Rogue" Carlin said distastefully. "It is Alpha Ronan to you. I may be a Rogue but I am no ordinary wolf. And like any other alpha I don't like a filthy mutt to disrespect me"

I looked at Ronan with wide open mouth. Did he just... I heard Xander and he was hard time controlling his laughter. "You know that right my daddy can kill you in flick of a wrist" Carlin tried to sound intimidating.

She failed badly. Ronan raised his eyebrow. "Do you think that alpha faced works on me little girl?" Ronan said sounding serious this time. I on the other hand was afraid she might actually make situation worse and knowing Ronan's nature he is easy to tick off"

"Ronan let's go we have to enroll Amara and need you to sign the papers for that" Ronan nodded but not before sending a glare to Carlin's direction. Xander held my hand as we completed the procedure.

Ronan however looked detached, angry and forlorn. He looked lost. Was this is what happens when you lose your mate? I closed my eyes and prayed that give Ronan a second chance in loving.

A second chance mate. "Ronan are you alright?" I asked. He nodded stiffly. "Tomorrow I am going to start training the wolves in your pack and Daniel's Pack. Please leave me be for this day." I can feel his pain.

Xander nodded. I wanted so much to run after him and hold him make him shout make him take it out not to be closed off like this. "Don't... He needed to figure it out himself. He wants some time to mourn in his own way let him be Destiny" Xander held my arm.

"You don't understand he will not do anything. He will die like this. He will become close off again. He is just like that he keeps everything in not letting anyone know what he actually has been going through." I tried to reason.

"You cannot help him. No one can. He is hurting now." Xander said. "I know him you don't" I said standing my ground. "But I know how it is like be hurt when you lose someone close to you" He shouted.

I flinched at his tone. His eyes soften. "I...I am sorry I didn't meant to shout at you. I am sorry baby girl" He said. I know I have seen him how worse he can get. He must have sensed it. The fear that is evident in my face.

He moved back my wolf whimpered due to distance from our mate. All that insecurities came inside me again with full force. I am never be good enough for him.

I am weak, I am not fit to be a Luna and when he will see it. He will leave me. He will leave me alone as I was. Standing in middle of the corridor and m heart was breaking at this point at his rejection.

I would have fell down on the floor if I not leaned over the lockers. I gasped trying to take as much air as I can. My eyes were burning from the unshed tears. I can't take it anymore. I cannot.

So I did what I do best in this situations...

I ran

Word Count: 1016 Words

A/N: Sorry for the late update. I am been busy this week but i will try to update as much as i can. And I already started on sequel so once it is done i will upload it...

Enjoy

Please

Vote

Comment