24) i need a break.

Upon seeing her expression, your hands instinctively flinched to the mask resting on your face. She wouldn't know who you are. You hadn't used your quirk openly in front of her yet, so far you were just doing underground work, literally.

"You... who are you?"

You clamped your mouth shut and your heart raced. All the students were supposed to be below, how the hell did she find you? If you opened your mouth, she might recognize your voice.

But most importantly- how were you going to get rid of her without using your quirk?

Maybe I can mislead her. I can do something to make her think I have a different quirk.

Your eyes frantically flitted to the trees surrounding you. There was nothing you could do, nobody was there to help you. Just as you wanted to give up hope, you locked on to the bushes that suddenly began to shake. Yaoyorozu, who was about to pull out a taser, caught your stare and flung her head around.

It was almost like a horror scene from a movie. There was a brief silence, the pause at the top before the drop of a rollercoaster, and the Noumu burst out of the shrubbery, chainsaw revving in one hand and the ear-piercing sound of metal against metal on the other.

It let out an inhumane screech, leaving Yaoyorozu paralyzed in fear. However, you immediately lept to your feet and charged towards the Noumu. It was the only thing that could save you now.

"Wh-what is... Noumu? Is that the Noumu?" She mangaed to choke out, her hands covering her ears. The Noumu let out a shriek in response and raised its hammer-like fist, before bringing it down on Yaoyorozu.

"NO!!!" You cried, reaching out for its fist.

Yaomomo might have been on the heroes team opposing the Villain Alliance, but she was still a kid like you. The thought of killing someone like her...

You faltered.

Images of Midoriya crying in the dark alleyway grabbed at your mind, taunting you of who the villains truly are. Cruel and unforgiving, but seeking to weed out the true villains- the heroes that tainted the world under the guise of idols.

In that moment of hesitation, the Noumu made contact with her. You opened your mouth to scream, but realized you had heard a clang sound instead of the crack of bones.

The hammer moved aside to reveal Yaoyorozu leaning against the floor, a shield in her arm, pushing against the Noumu. She grunted and rolled out of the way, forming another sword in her other hand.

"Who are you? Show yourself!" She yelled, and flung the sword at you. You narrowly dodged, the sword grazing your ceramic mask. You turned your eyes to the Noumu who raised his chainsaw. It whirred and started, and you felt dread well up inside your chest.

"You have to go!" You yelled at her.

"Huh? I'm sorry, but i'm not leaving you here to hurt my friends!"

"You have to go now! It's going to kill you!"

"You're a villain! You're supposed to kill me!"

You cried and grabbed onto the Noumu's arm. "Stop it! You've protected me enough! You can stop!!"

The Noumu continued on, unaffected by your yelling. It grabbed your leg and tried to pry you off of it. You stubbornly held on, and it flung you to the side, making you crash into the dirt.

A scream resonated as you quickly got up to look at Yaoyorozu. A slash, thankfully shallow, ran across the side of her torso. The Noumu growled in victory as it continued to stalk towards her.

"Jump! The shrubbery will break your fall!" You yelled.

"I'm not going anywhere!" She panted heavily. The Noumu brought down his fist, and her body braced. You couldn't take it anymore.

"YAOYOROZU! JUMP!!"

As if she was compelled to, her entire body dived down the cliff and into the dense trees below. The Noumu's fist hit the ground, causing cracks to spread throughout the cliffside. You placed your hands together and sprouted a large number of flora to break her fall. Now, the worst injury she would sustain would be a broken bone or two, but it was better than watching her become a pancake at the hands of the Noumu.

The Noumu grunted, and the machinery on its body whirred and clicked into place as it returned back to stalking the area.

You collapsed to the ground, hands placed on your mask. Your chest heaved with every breath, and you were lightheaded from all the action.

"I think I'm gonna puke."

...

Everything was a blur after that. The adrenaline rush to your head caused you to dissociate for a solid 2 minutes, and you only came to when you realized Mustard was shaking you frantically.

"The mission's over, call it off, call it off!"

You feebly tapped the ground, a wave of nausea sweeping over you. You felt the roots withdraw back to their original trees, and the pressure lifted off your shoulders.

"Hey kiddo... did we get Kirishima..?" You slurred as you tried to get up from your position. A crick sounded out as you pushed yourself up, and you froze in place.

You had messed up your entire back from sleeping weirdly into the ground- that's embarrassing. You're never gonna admit that to anyone.

"Yeah, we did. Are you okay? That was a loud crack, what happened?"

"Oh... I'll fill you guys in later. I, uh, got into a small fight with the Noumu. Yeah, and I pulled my back a little."

"Okay... then. Let's wait here for the rest."

Out of a sudden, a hand grabbed both of your hair and pulled the two of you back. You let out a loud shriek, but it was lost when you were engulfed in a familiar darkness.

"(Name). Are you alright?"

Your eyes flicked up to meet Kurogiri's ones.

"Yeah, i'll live." And you passed out again.

When you came to, you felt the soft cushion under you. Well, not the finest quality, but it was easier on your back than the cold hard ground. The your stirring made you realize the scratchy bandages around your torso. The wrapping was shoddy, but if it does the job, you have no right to complain.

Next, was the fact you almost blacked out when you sat up too quickly. Whether it was from your painfully sore muscles or an iron deficiency, it was definitely not healthy.

Lastly, you eyed the tray sitting snugly on your bedside.

Painkillers are the ones in the Ziploc packet. Iron tablets are the dark brown ones. Kurogiri made you a drink in case you're feeling parched.
Good job.

At the corner, there was a small doodle which made you crack a smile. You'd recognize Midoriya's iconic hair from anywhere.

Also, no one else in the league cares this much about you.

You popped an iron tablet in your mouth and downed it with Kurogiri's drink. The sour yuzu contrasting with the sweet honey made you feel slightly better and you nearly forgot about the encounter you just had.

Finally, you turned your phone towards you and checked the time.

2:49pm.

Ah, screw it. You missed breakfast and lunch already. You'll deal with the repercussions of messing up your sleep schedule later.

"Thanks Izuku, love you." You muttered under your breath.

Then you dove back under the covers and slept.

-

Biggest apologies for going on such a long and unexpected hiatus.
School now is currently hectic and i'm struggling to keep up with a lot of work.
I'm trying to regain the momentum of this story so I hope you all will bear with me if some parts seem OOC- you can point it out as well, i would appreciate it!

Thank you for your continuous support ♡