7) distant and freezing.

Your fingers grasped loosely onto the sleeve of Midoriya's jacket as you followed him around. Just as he turned a corner, someone grabbed hold of your arm and halted the two of you.

"Shinsou," Midoriya tilted his head a little higher. He stepped in front of you, as if to protect you. You shivered and cowered in his shadow. Shinsou scared you.

"Midoriya. Tomura asked for (Name)."

"What does he want?"

Shinsou shrugged and grabbed your arm, tugging you towards him. Midoriya stopped you from stumbling forward and pulled you back.

"What. Does. He. Want," he spat out through gritted teeth.

"I don't know, but I'll be with her so don't worry. You know better than to defy the prince and his loyal servant," Shinsou replied back, completely unaffected by Midoriya's aggressiveness. The two of them stared at each other for a moment, Midoriya with anger and Shinsou with apathy.

Eventually, Midoriya unwillingly released his grip on you and you watched as he turned and disappeared around the corner. You could feel Shinsou staring at you. You just wanted to go back to Midoriya, everything suddenly felt so alien without his presence.

Shinsou watched the corner for a few more seconds before turning his attention to you.

"Come."

You reluctantly followed after him, recalling how he almost killed you before you decided to join his side. The two of you headed in a different direction before coming to a stop outside a door. Shinsou opened the door to reveal a completely ordinary bedroom, with no trace of Tomura or any other villain.

At least it wasn't some surprise murder party.

You opened your mouth. "Wha-"

Shinsou pushed you in and closed the door, locking it and pressing his ear against the door with his finger to his lip. You tumbled to the floor and scrambled up, turning to face him and backing up towards the wall. He locked you in!

Despite everything in your gut screaming, you kept your mouth shut and nervously plucked at your skin.

Shinsou turned back and faced you. He walked towards a swivel chair and sat down, crossing his legs and resting his hand against the palm of his hand.

"Sorry for lying. We... kinda need to warn everyone new about Midoriya," he brushed his hair back and sighed. After determining that he wasn'f much danger, you awkwardly sat on the floor, clicking your nails out of anxiety. What part about Midoriya needed warning?

Shinsou swivelled around in the chair, drumming his fingers on the handle. He thought for a moment, before coming to a stop and facing you.

Shinsou scratched his neck. "Midoriya's... overprotective."

Ah.

You sat straighter and a small bark of laughter slipped out of your mouth. "Yeah, I know. But that's okay! I mean its nice to have like a mom that chases me around!"

Shutting yourself in the boy's room taught you a lot about him, his insecurities about how his abs weren't as cool as everyone else's (especially Bakugou), about how he got you to tell him stories about UA when he got bored, about his weird, quirky mutters when he talked in his sleep.

"No, no, not like that. Midoriya's overprotective, not only in the mum way," Shinsou looked at his hands.

"He was the first Yuuei-aspiring student to have joined the League, me following shortly after. He was quirkless, you know. All Might found him cowering near the dumpster after Endeavour called him weak, how quirkless people always depended on those around them like household dogs.