19) thanks for everything.

Start from the beginning

"You're better off not knowing, too," he tilted his head down to look at the floor. "I'm so glad I had you as a daughter. If the quirk went into the wrong hands, the world would be in utter chaos."

"What. Was. Her. Quirk?" You spat out through gritted teeth. Your father never made eye contact with you.

"Heh, you've got her tenacity as well," he put his hand on his knee and stood up.

"There's a reason why I stopped fighting." He gestured to the plants laying broken and snapped around him, torn leaves and sawed down trees.
"The plants don't respond to me anymore. I'm not their friend because i've been using them to go against my morals- hitting my daughter."

"I don't understand."

"How many of these plants were killed by you? It was definitely more than mine, i'm obviously more experienced." He looked at you.

"So, (Name). Despite the mass murder of your plants caused by you, why are they still obeying their killer?"

Realization dawned on you, and a chill shot up your spine. All this time, you've thought your quirk was only from your father.

"(Name), take good care of the plants, okay?"

"Why, Mama?"

"Your quirk takes after your dad's one. If you treat the plants nicely, the plants will be your friend! Don't ever use them for evil deeds."

You've been stepping and tearing them apart in your scuffle with your father, but yet they still protected you when they should've stopped long ago.

You've never realized- you never observed well enough. You've never thought it through clearly, all this time. All this...

"That's enough."

A figure appeared in front of you almost instantly, and a jacket landed on the top of your shield. You lowered it and sniffed the familiar scent of Izuku.

"Hibiscii, you're charged with the murder of your second daughter. The police are on their way," Midoriya spoke up. His voice laced with poison. He lowered himself and wrapped his arm around your waist, before hoisting you up into a bridal-style carry.

Your father tilted his head. "Are you from the police force? I've never seen you before- and if you are, how did you find out?"

Midoriya smiled at him, not saying another word. A bead of sweat rolled down the back of his neck.

Ah, shit. I tried to sound cool, but my façade keeps breaking in front of pro heroes. I can't let (Name) see me like this.

Midoriya inhaled and exhaled, trying to calm his jittery nerves.

"I'm not from the police f-force," his voice cracked.

fUCK!

"He was a friend that offered to let me stay over, away from you," you shot a glare at your father.

The two of them stared at each other in the eye, never breaking. Eventually, you pat Midoriya's cheek to break him out of his staring competition.

"Policemen are coming in. I'll settle this." You climbed out from his arms and placed his jacket around his shoulders. "You should go before they catch you."

"Catch him...? What do you mean, (Name)?" Hibiscii turned his attention to you.

"I mean what I say."

Midoriya tilted his head down and bounded out of the house. Your father watched as his figure left the room.

"Is he on the run?"

"In a way, yes."

"A criminal, committed a theft?"

"Nothing like that, but something you hate even more."

"What?"

A surge of euphoria rushed through you. An act of defiance- you were defying the very man that held you back for so long.

"You heard me."

There was no reaction from him for a moment. He stood there, still as a tree, until you realized he was shaking, lost by your words.

Tears began streaming down your face. It would take a while before he understood them. But until then...

You raised a vine, and sucked in a deep breath.

"Thanks for everything, papa."

The vines shot through your body, stabbing yourself in the gut, but missing the vital organs. You felt pain sear through as you collapse to the ground, spitting out more blood. You gathered all your strength and screamed as loud as you could, looking at your father's face a final time with the most hateful glare you could muster.

You blacked out.