Day 14 - 69ing

(Goth)

Mom and I were chatting in the living room when the doorbell rang. I got to my feet with a happy smile as Geno stood to get a whining baby. They had decided on the name: Raven. I was very happy with it, though Dad still wore a tiny pout because his preferred name lost.

Beaming as I opened the door to Fell, I smiled at seeing him. He was wearing a light grey long sleeve shirt and red jeans, unlike his normal dark baggy hoodie and sweatpants.

He gave me his happy face, "Figured I'd dress a bit more presentably. Also it's laundry day so all my sweats are in the wash..." he said as he entered.

I smiled, "It's okay. You look great!" I grabbed his arm and dragged him to the living room, "Come meet mom and baby Raven!" he said happily.

Fell rolled his eyes but came in. He was polite as he met mom and looked down at Raven. It made me very happy to see him in a place that wasn't school or the mall. Mom looked happy as Fell said hello to Raven. It was just a nice scene that I didn't get to see Fell in often. He looked almost normal.

When all the introductions were over, Geno lead the way into the kitchen. Fell and I followed as we talked about the cookies we were gonna make today.

"I know you like gingerbread," I told him as mom set Raven down, "And mama has his favorite recipe. So you and I are gonna make all the toppings and icing while mama makes the cookie dough. Then we can get to the cutting, baking, and decorating!" I said with a little clap.

Fell nodded, "Alright, what first?"

Mom threw aprons at us, "This first," he said, grinning as Fell's apron hit his face and fell into his hands. He chuckled and put it on as I also donned mine.

Once we were all dressed for baking, the cookie baking commenced. Fell was a very good helper. He worked on making the icing while I tempered some chocolate since Dad liked chocolate dipped gingerbread. When he was done he helped mom knead the mounds of dough. I was happy to see that Fell had a small smile. It wasn't normal for him to smile and seeing him smile while mom gently directed him just warmed my heart.

Once they were done, the dough had to chill and rest for a bit so mom made us cocoa while Fell and I sat down to chat.

Unlike me and mom, Fell somehow had no flour or powdered sugar on his apron. He had very little mess and I was curious on how. He just shrugged and mumbled a nonsense answer that he wouldn't clarify no matter how much I asked him. He probably didn't want to admit of doing something I would call normal in case I told Rurik.

"So are you looking forward to next semester, Fell?" Mom asked, sitting down with our cocoas.

Fell shrugged, "I... I don't know. I'm not sure what my major is and next semester would be last one I get as 'undecided'. Not really a studious person."

Geno nodded, "I understand. I started college and didn't know what to do either. I dropped out for a few years and didn't go back to school until Goth was six."

Fell relaxed a little and I knew why. He was really worried about being judged by adults. He told me so. He's been judged his whole life and it makes him wary.

Geno tapped my hand proudly, "My baby is going into early education. He's wanted to be a teacher for quite a few years."

I blushed a bit as Fell looked over at me, "You're studying education?" He blinked, "How have I not known that?"

"I told you when we entered our first class, Fell," I told him, smiling, "It's not something that ever came up between us."

"Huh..." He leaned back in thought for a moment. Then his phone buzzed. He checked it, sighing slightly as he responded. He shook his head and sipped his cocoa, smiling slightly again, "This is really good, Mr. Death."