Chapter 27. The Knife

So yeah, I'm back bitches. Shit happened and I had a hard time writing, but you know ya girl saw The Last Jedi and was INSPIRED. Enjoy family.

ALSO I HAVE NO IDEA WHY THIS STORY IS TAKING A TURN. But hey this is the dark side amiright?!

Trigger warning for uh, violence and knives and stuff.

You had never seen your husband like this before. Sure, in the expanse of your relationship he had opened up significantly. He had become more comfortable in confiding with you. Smiles graced his features more often, and he no longer felt the need to hide his feelings.

But now, head in hands, your husband The General of the Almighty First Order, wept.

"Armitage Im so sorry I'm so-" you wrapped your arms around him and held tightly. "Please don't cry I love you so much-" You began to cry yourself feeling the dismay coming from the man under you.

"I-I'm so s-sorry." He chokes out. "I'm weak! Not strong e-enough to be your husband!" He hit himself on the thigh for emphasis.

"No! No don't say that. Your parents are horrible. You deserve so much better." You grabbed his hands and removed them from his face and forced him to look at you.

His eyes were red in a way that almost matched his hair. Tears raced past his freckles as they fell from his face. His hair was slightly tossed and you resisted the urge to reach up and twirl a lock through your fingers.

"I'm so sorry (Y/N)." He whimpered. "You shouldn't have to see me like this." You shook your head.

"I would much rather see you like this then have you bottle up all your feelings." You said firmly. "Now, lay down with me and let's talk."

————
Armitage fell asleep soon after, his arms curled around you and his head tucked in the valley of your neck. You stared at the ceiling, unable to sleep with your mind traveling at light speed. The Commander and his drunken rambling. Vivian and her cruel shield against the truth of her marriage. This house and all the horrors it held. You would not let this continue.

Before you knew what you were doing, you untangled your husbands limbs from your body and climbed out of bed. You slid on your work boots silently and sauntered over to your husbands bags. Silently opening up the zipper you grabbed the object you knew he had brought, and slipped out the room without hesitation.

Honestly you couldn't be sure which room held your in laws. Your best guess was it was somewhere on the other side of the house, past the dining room.

You crept into the large hall, shivering at the crisp temperature. The lights throughout the house had ceased, and only the glow from nearby moons lit the expanse of the mansion.

"His room is down the furthest corridor to the right." A bitter voice spoke up from your left. You jumped in surprise and turned to see your mother in law sitting at the head of the large dining table. A full glass of wine sat in her hand. She was wrapped in a large silk nightgown, the color matching her drink.

You opened your mouth to reply to her, but thought better of it. Her face held an understanding that didn't surprise you. You nodded at her in acknowledgment, and she nodded back silently.

————
The door to Commanders chambers was heavy and solid. As you pushed it open it made a slight creaking noise. You gripped the object in your left hand firmly, and then revealed it to the light. The silver of the blade reflected light onto the bed in front of you, revealing the sleeping form of your father in law.

Within seconds you were upon him, knife pressed against his jugular. The major artery under his skin bulges as he breathed. It would be so easy for you to just end it here, cut under his chin and leave the room quietly. But something told you it was necessary to wake him up first.

"Commander." You said softly, breaking the silence of the room as sharp as your knife. The man in front of you stirred lightly, but remained asleep. You cleared your throat and allowed yourself to let the full gravity of your hate for him flow through your voice. You concentrated on your love for your husband and how you would do anything to protect him, and you spoke again.

"Commander." You ordered in a voice that couldn't be considered yelling, but was strong enough to illicit a startled response from the elder Hux.

"Wh- what?" His eyes found the knife at his throat and the reality of his situation became apparent. Your brave form stood above him, holding a knife just long enough to do its job. The blade pressed against his neck enough that the pressure lit his brain into a panic. "(Y/N) what are you doing?" You frowned and pressed your weapon further into his neck.

"He was just a boy." You growled.

"Excuse me?" He stuttered out, eyeing between your furious face and the impaler before him.

"You punished him for the sins you committed. You labeled him a bastard and treated him as such." Your eyes were watery now. "He was only a child!" You shouted. The Commander shook with fear under you, and for a second you didn't see the evil man who had abused his family, you only saw a withered old man.

"P-please." He begged "Please think of my wife." You laughed bitterly.

"Commander I am thinking of your wife. And trust me, that only further convinced me." Your hand began to shake slightly and you took a deep breath.

And here we go

You pressed the knife harder and a thin line of blood began to appear. The Commander wept as he realized what was approaching.

"(Y/N) stop." You heard the click of a blaster loading behind you, and you dropped the knife.