Chapter 9. Piano

There weren't many days when Hux got the day off, but today happened to be one of them. You, however, never got a break. You had woken up to several messages from the General instructing you on your tasks for the day. Most of them required you to deliver things across the ship. You were carrying a load of papers through the hallway to another control room when you received another note from hux.

Please bring me the sealed folder on my desk at your earliest convenience. -General Hux

You sighed and quickly finished your delivery. You went to gather the folder on Hux's desk and there was no mistake which folder he wanted. Hux had been stressed recently but throughout all of it his desk had remained sharp and clean. The folder in question lay in the middle and stood out boldly. You tucked it under your arm and quickly walked to the elevator that led to the upper level apartments. You hadn't been to Hux's room since the incident at the party, but you held your head high and knocked on his door.

"Enter." The door slid open and you walked in and were immediately startled by what you were seeing.

Hux sat on a bench in front of a beautiful grand piano. It was black and sleek and very obviously kept well cleaned. His long ungloved fingers hovered over the keys as he looked at you with those smoldering blue eyes.

"Do you have the folder, (Y/N)?" He asked and you snapped out of your thoughts.

"Yes sir." You handed them to him and he quickly opened them up and laid them across the music holder. Several pieces of sheet music slid out. Your eyebrows furrowed.

"This is what you needed so urgently?" You asked and he let out a slight chuckle.

"I did say at your convenience, if it was a bother it could've waited." He began studied the piece in front of him.

"How long have you played, sir?" You asked as you stepped a bit closer to the beautiful grand.

"I began lessons on my 6th birthday." He answered happily. "Possibly the only gift my father gave me that I particularly enjoyed." He looked up to meet your eyes. Your mind was full of curiosity. You had only seen a real piano a few times in your life, and you hadn't met someone who could play. He motioned for you to come forward. "Here. Would you like me to show you some things?" You walked forward uncertainly. This relaxed, gentle Hux was new for you. "Sit down." You nodded in agreement and sat down next to him on the small piano bench.

"This is middle C." He pressed a digit onto a key and made a light tone. "And this is a C chord." With two other fingers he reached over and pressed down more keys. "Now you try." He took your hand under his and placed your hand in the right spot. You pressed down lightly and a small chord played through the room. You couldn't help but smile at the simple yet marvelous noise.

"Where did you get this piano, sir?" You asked as he moved around your fingers.

"I had it specially made for myself after the destruction of the Republic. As a sort of victory present, if you will." He placed your fingers back on the C chord position. "This time you aren't going to press down on that last note, just play C and E." You followed his instructions and his eyes lit up. "Now, after you play that I'm going to play a few notes, when I stop you are going to shift this finger-" He nudged your pointer finger. "-over to F. Then I'll repeat the notes and you go back to C and E, okay?" You nodded and played the first chord. Hux responded by playing several notes in quick succession. Then you played the second chord and again he responded with a unique pattern. Finally you went back to the original chord and he joined you by playing the same one in a lower octave. You both continued this call and answer song with Hux happily humming next to you.

"What's the name of this, Sir?" You couldn't read the title on the paper due to its unique language.

"Morning Song. Its a personal favorite of mine." He said happily. His deep baritone rumbling chilled you and made you blush.

"Do you sing, sir?" He shook his head with a smile.

"Maybe another time." He said simply. He turned so you could face him. His hand was on yours and you could feel his breath against you.

"Sir, this might be considered innapro-"

"Damn inappropriate. May I kiss you, (Y/N)?" You quickly nodded and his lips slammed into yours. They were hard and commanding, just how the General was on an everyday basis. Soon, however, the kiss turned soft, gentle, a lot like this new Hux you were beginning to meet lately. He released your lips and broke away to look at you. He cursed under his breath.

"Sir?" You asked quietly and he stared at the ground.

"All my life I have been a supporter of the rules. Never stepped out of line, never broke any conduct," He looked up to stare at you. His eyes were full of turmoil and his mind in pure chaos, "But for some reason, when it comes to you, I seem to not care." Your heart stopped for a second as you realized what he meant.

"Sir-"

"Please, call me Hux."

"Hux, are you saying you have feelings for me?" You asked hopefully. Your whole body was aflutter as you held on to hope that it was true.

"Ever since you became my assistant." He confirmed. If it were possible, your heart would have burst out of your chest in that moment. You had fallen for Hux's good looks and mental strength as his assistant. It had been an embarrassing secret that you never had wanted to get out, and yet here he was telling you he felt the same way. You surged forward and kissed him. He softly draped an arm around your waist and cradled your face with his hand as he deepened the kiss. His long hair waved against yours and you laced your fingers with his. He started to push you a bit backwards with the force of his kiss and you both sat up surprised when your back hit a few keys on the piano. You both laughed and he pushed a piece of hair from out of your eyes.

"Screw the rules."

Okay so I know pianos probably aren't in the star wars universe but for some reason I can just totally imagine Domhnall Gleeson playing one. Sorry for the sparse updates. Finals got me like