Chapter 8. Heal

Your eyes opened to the dull white lights of the office. Your head was propped up by a small pillow and you were sitting in your chair. Hux was crouched next to you,  his hand touching your throat lightly. His red hair was tousled slightly and his uniform frayed. 

"Sir?" His head snapped up.

"You're awake. I was just looking at the bruises on your neck." He stood up straight and took a step away.

"Shouldn't I be in the med bay, sir?" You asked while clutching your head. A sharp pain crossed over your temples and you winced.

"I have completed advanced medical training courses, (Y/N). I figured it would be in everybody's best interest if this incident went off record." He held up an icepack. "May I?" You nodded in response and he pressed the cool bag to your forehead.

"Sir, where did Kylo Ren go?" You asked, still dizzy. You straightened your uniform and looked at the wrecked office. 

"I believe he went off to pout somewhere. I don't expect him to return soon." 

"How did you get him to stop?" You asked in surprise. Usually Kylo Ren would kill Officers without abandon. You were shocked that he hadn't been able to finish the job. Hux sat on the edge of your desk and you noticed he was nursing his right hand. 

"Its apparently pretty hard to use the force after you've been hit." He said looking down at his hand. Your eyes widened. 

"You punched him?" He nodded. 

"The mask is metal and I would've broken my hand if I had tried that, however besides that he doesn't have much armor, especially near his stomach." You smiled imagining the General sucker punching Kylo Ren. 

"Its a shame I passed out before that happened." You said quietly. Your head panged with pain. "I'm sorry for what happened." You apologized awkwardly. He held up his hand.

"No need. Kylo Ren has nothing better to do on this ship than start trouble. I'm sure if it hadn't been us it would've been someone else." You nodded in agreement.

"Do you think he will leave us alone now?" You asked while massaging your wrist, which was sore from the fall.

"Not in the slightest." He looked down at his first aid kit. "You need to eat something. I wish I had some crackers or-"

"There are cookies in my desk drawer." You said pointing to the private drawer where you stashed all your snacks. He nodded and moved to grab them. He handed them to you and you took a small bite. "Thank you, sir." You said while avoiding his eyes.

"Its no problem, (Y/N). How are you feeling?" You shrugged slightly.

"Like I was just force choked and thrown against a wall." You saw a slight smile at the corner of his mouth.

"Yes, well, that would make sense, wouldn't it?"

Smart ass.

"I think I need to lay down." You admitted, clutching your head. "I'm feeling a bit dizzy." You started to get up and The General helped you. Your arm was over his shoulder and you both moved to the door.

"I will help you to your room" He said and you quickly shook your head. You retracted your arm and stepped away from him slightly. 

"No, no, Sir, that won't be necessary." His eyebrows furrowed, and a stern look adorned his face. 

"(Y/N), you are my assistant and It's my duty to make sure you are not hurt." You sighed and shook your head.

"Sir, Kylo Ren injures people everyday with his tantrums, and you definitely wouldn't treat them how you are treating me. I don't want any special treatment." Your cheeks grew red. "As much as I may like it." Hux's face also went a bit pink and stepped back a bit.

"I suppose you are correct. I will let you be on your way then." He twisted his wrists. "But please send me a message tonight telling me of your condition." He insisted." You are free to take tomorrow off, if you wish." You shook your head.

"I will be here, Sir. Thank you." You stepped delicatly out of the office, leaving the General uncomfortable with you being on your own.