"Where is your Grandma?"

"She left. She said you was too busy boo-loving to notice."

I rolled my eyes. "I was not."

"Mhm. Who was that guy?"

"I don't know, DAD, I just met him." I said being smart."

"You know guys like him only want one thing. I don't approve."

"You don't even know that he's like, Karim. And I'm grown. Maybe I only want one thing too."

He frowned and pretended to throw up. "First of all ew. I don't want to talk about it anymore."

I laughed. "Hush."

No matter how old he looked or acted, he was still a baby at heart. Hell, he'll be 15 in December. I'm not ready.

"I don't want to go out. Can we go home and order something?"

"Whatever you want."

"Can I invite a friend over?"

"Is your room clean?"

"Yes, ma'am."

"Then go ahead."

• •

I laid on the couch while Karim and his friend Amari sat on the floor playing the game.

Karim begged me to stay out here with them and watch him play, but I couldn't focus on his game.

Jay and I have been texting back and forth and he's really funny.

Every time I laugh at my phone Karim gives me a look. "Sorry. I'm paying attention."

He shook his head making me laugh even more.

I heard the doorbell and decided to get the food. We ordered Chinese food. I'd take this Chinese food over the mall Chinese food ANY DAY.

"The food here." I said before taking my own food out and sitting at the table.

"Karim get me a water bottle please."

He brought me one and sat down next to me.

"Thanks."

It was pretty quiet in there as we all ate.

"Amari, how's your mom?" I asked starting conversation.

"She's good. She just asked about you, she told me to tell you she said hey."

I smiled. "Well tell her I said hey back."

We all finished eating and I told them I would be in my room.

The real reason is because Jay asked to FaceTime and I didn't need them cock blocking.

I told him he could call when he was ready and in seconds my phone was ringing.

"Hey." He smiled.