Lots of Begging

Sorry for the SUPER long hiatus. I've been incredibly busy with my other books, as well as with school and college stuff. I'll try to start updating this book more frequently, because there are still people out there that seem to enjoy it; other than this, I've got one other chapter that needs to be edited before I post it. Love you all, my amazing little moths. 

Also, @Nightchat14, I'm not dead! :D 

~ Marinette ~ 

I don't remember when I'd fallen asleep, but I was woken up by something tickling my nose. My eyes fluttered open, and I let out a groan as I had to squint at the bright light that was flooding in through the open tent door. 

Must be morning. 

The same thing from before tickled my nose again, and I rolled over to see Chat Noir's good arm hanging over the bed, his fingers lightly brushing across my nose. I let out a light chuckle as I sat up on the floor, moving my tangled hair out of my face. Chat Noir was still asleep, and I was happy to see that he seemed to be resting contently, now. His wound hadn't been recently bleeding, from what I could see, and he no longer looked as though he were constantly in pain; I wouldn't have blamed him if he did, though. 

My gaze lingered on him for another moment before I slowly staggered to my feet, my sketchbook and pencil spilling out of my lap and onto the floor beneath me. I quickly scooped them up and turned back to Chat Noir, letting out a breath of relief when he hadn't even stirred. I then crept over to the tent's opening, shooting one final look over my shoulder at Chat Noir before stepping outside into the cool morning air. 

The sun wasn't too high, yet, so I could tell that it was still early in the morning, which I was thankful for, because it was much cooler than it'd been the previous day. I stepped through the dew-covered grass until I reached my tent, making my way inside and closing the opening behind me. I made quick work of my wardrobe change, slipping on a simple t-shirt and jean shorts, along with my sneakers and my short blue hair pulled back into a ponytail. I then made sure to treat my back, and, while I was relieved that it'd begun to scab over, it bummed me out to find that it still hurt the same. 

I was startled when I heard a series of heavy footsteps outside my tent, and I peeked my head out to see Hawkmoth stalking across the camp to my father, who was sipping lightly at a cup of tea while sitting in front of a small bonfire. I watched as Hawkmoth paused beside my father, and the two shared a few words before Hawkmoth knelt down, removing his pack from his back and setting it down on the ground in front of him. I then let out a light gasp as he pulled out three scarlet macaws by their tail feathers, the birds hanging limp in his grasp. 

That bastard, I muttered in my head, letting out a disgusted scoff as he then removed his machete from his belt and took a seat across the fire from my father, working to strip the feathers from the birds' carcasses. 

"Heathen," I hissed, rolling my eyes as I made my way back over to Papa's tent. I opened the tent, only to let out a surprised shriek as Chat Noir tackled me to the ground, an almost panicked look on his face. I hesitated for a moment before sitting up, reaching a hand out toward him. He looked anxious, almost worried, as his eyes darted around the camp, his chest rising and falling at an alarming rate. 

"Hey," I murmured, placing my hand on his messy head of blonde hair. "It's okay; you're safe, here." Chat Noir continued to fidget for another moment or two before he finally looked back to me, and I could see it in his eyes that he was slowly beginning to calm down. He finally let out a low growl as he leaned into my touch, a small smile spreading across his face. I couldn't help but smile as I scratched at his head, finding it rather amusing when he legitimately began purring like a cat.