All Good For Now

A/N: Guys, I am so sorry. Part of the reason that I haven't been updating often is because I'm kind of on the fence with my family because I'm moving back to the lower 48 in just one week. Even so, I promised you guys chapters, and, trust me, there coming!

Marinette ~

It had already gotten dark when Papa announced that he had finished stitching up Chat Noir. He looked over to me, nodding his head with a tired smile on his face. I let out a breath of relief, leaping up from my spot on the floor beside Chat Noir's - which was actually Papa's - bed as I threw my arms around him.

"Thank you, Papa," I whispered, smiling. Papa chuckled, though I could hear something weary in his tone.

"Of course, Marinette," he replied, wrapping me up in a giant hug. "Though, we'll still have to keep an eye on him." He and I both turned to Chat Noir, who was now sleeping on the cot, his uninjured arm laid out over his eyes as his chest rose and fell a little quicker than normal. Papa sighed, running a hand through his messy, dark hair. "He lost a lot of blood, and there's the chance that his wound will become infected -"

"But, you managed to get the bullet out, didn't you?" I interrupted, looking up to Papa. He sighed again, nodding.

"Yes, that much I'm sure of," he muttered. "I cleaned the wound up the best I could, but -"

"Let's not even mention the numerous posibilities of what could go wrong," I murmured, shaking my head as my attention turned back to Chat Noir. "Right now, I think that we all need some sleep. You've been working for hours, and I. . . well, I need a nap; preferably a long one." Papa hummed amusedly, nodding his head as he leaned down to place a kiss on top of my head. 

"I have to agree," he replied. "Well, I suppose that I'll just make my spot on the floor, since our guest has decided to make himself comfortable." I was a little worried that he was annoyed by Chat Noir's presence, but when I looked back up to my father, I was relieved to see that he was smiling at the boy.

"Actually, Papa, you can sleep in my tent," I said. "I'll stay here with him."

"Marinette, dear," he muttered, shaking his head, "I would honestly feel a lot better if you weren't left alone in here with him."

"But Papa, if he wakes up and sees someone unfamiliar, he may get scared," I said, looking up to Papa with a pleading look on my face. "Please? I promise, I'll sleep on the floor, and I won't mess with him, and I'll keep an eye on him, and I'll come and get you if anything happens, and -"

"Alright, Marinette!" My father exclaimed, rolling his eyes as he let out a soft chuckle. "I will let you sleep in here with him, but you have to promise that you'll come get me if anything happens -"

"Thank you, Papa!" I squealed, flinging my arms aroung his neck as I hugged him. He smiled, patting my shoulder as he hugged me back. The two of us then turned to Chat Noir as he stirred, letting out a small growl as he rolled over onto his side. Unfortunately, it was the side that was injured, and he let out a sharp whine before rolling over onto his other side, curling up into a ball as he continued to whimper. I took a step toward him, but was pulled back by Papa, who shook his head.

"Marinette," he warned. I sighed, looking back over at Chat Noir.

"I know," I muttered, rolling my eyes as I pulled my arm away. "I'll go back to my tent and get ready for bed."

"Alright," Papa replied, turning to follow me out of the tent. We were about to exit when he paused, placing a hand on my shoulder as a curious look spread across his face. "By the way, dear, what ever happened to you? Why do you look so. . . dirty?" My eyes widened the tiniest bit as I shuffled my feet, my mind racing to find an excuse.