Family Feud

~ Adrien (Chat Noir) ~

   I tried not to move as she laid down on me, and I could tell by the way her breathing had slowed that she had fallen asleep. I allowed my paw to rest on her back as I laid my head back onto the ground, and I let out a sigh as I watched the clouds sailing by overhead, changing into animated shapes before dispersing and forming new objects.

   I lowered my gaze until I found the top of her head, and I watched for a reaction as I began to slowly rub my fingers along the small of her back. She stirred for a second before nuzzling her face deeper into my chest, and I felt the tips of my ears get hot as a light blush crept across my nose. I continued to lightly move my paw around her back until she suddenly flinched and let out a small whimper. Confused, I leaned up onto my elbows and looked down at her, and I gasped as I saw the huge cut that I'd noticed earlier. It was red, and it looked considerably painful.

   So, that's why she whimpered

   I sat up slowly, and her head slipped into my lap. When I reached down and ran my finger along her cut, she flinched again. I didn't blame her; I'd gotten cuts like that before when Plagg and I had wrestled too hard. 

   I raised my other paw and smoothed down her fur, trying to comfort her as I ran my finger over her cut again. She flinched and let out another whimper, and I withdrew my paw, only to stare at it as a wave of uneasiness hit me. Holding it out in front of me, I gasped as a warm red liquid slid past my fingertips, dripping onto the grass beneath us.

   Blood. . . There shouldn't be this much!

   My gaze drifted from my paw to her back, and I winced as I saw more blood trickling from her back and onto the ground. My mind was a mess as I tried to think of what to do to stop the bleeding.

   I don't know why I didn't notice it before. The water must've been washing the blood away, but it shouldn't still be bleeding like this. 

   I wiped my paw off on the grass and looked around us. The only thing that I could see that could prove useful was a Neem tree standing a little ways away from us, just past the treeline. I've used Neem leaves before because of their healing properties when I'd gotten cut or bruised, so I knew that they would work for her. 

   I slowly slid my paw under her head and raised it gently before scooting out from underneath her. Once I was free, I slowly laid her head back onto the grass before jumping up and bounding on all fours into the jungle, my sight set on the Neem tree. Once I'd reached the tree, I wasted no time in scrambling up the branches, ripping one off that was covered in leaves, and then sliding down the trunk to the jungle floor. I held the branch in my mouth as I ran back to her, and I was almost passed the trees when I heard a branch snap, followed by a large splash. It didn't sound right to me.

   I slowly crept to the treeline and peeked around one of the large trunks as I saw the water rippling on the other side of the river.

   "Weird," I mumbled to myself. I slowly stepped out from behind the tree, but, just as I was about to approach her, I saw a blur of black leap from the river and charge at her sleeping body. Confusion and shock began to set in, and I finally snapped out of it in time to drop the branch and sprint toward her. It was so close to her by the time I got to her, and the only thing I could think to do was spring forward and tackle the animal, growling as I wrestled it to the ground. Once the attacker had settled, I looked down and glared into its bright blue eyes.

   "Bridgette?!" I exclaimed, incredibly confused. She growled and snapped up at me for a moment before realizing it was me, and I held her to the ground as she stared up at me, probably just as confused.

   "What? Adrien? Why are you here?" She asked. I shook my head.

   "Me? Why are you here?" I asked. Right at that moment, a metallic scent wafted through the air, and I cringed as my stomach let out a low growl. I was hungry. Her blood was making me hungry.

   "You smelled the blood, didn't you?" I asked lowly, glancing over my shoulder at her, sleeping soundly on the grass. Bridgette struggled for a moment before growling again. 

   "Yes. Now, move! She's wounded, and we don't need another villager tracking us down," she hissed, struggling again as she tried to push me off. I shoved her shoulders back down so that she couldn't escape, but I was soon knocked off of her. I landed a few feet beside her, and I quickly scrambled to my feet as I looked around for the one who'd pushed me. My eyes immediately landed on Felix, and I lowered my head, hissing angrily.

   "What are you doing, Felix?" I asked, and he lowered his head as he stalked over and nudged the crook of Bridgette's neck.

   "I'm fine," she muttered, scowling at me. Felix nodded, the look of worry lingering on his face as he turned back to me.

   "I hope you two are satisfied with yourselves," he growled. "Now, look what you've done." He nodded over toward the female, and I followed his notion. He was right.

   She was now awake, eyes wide, staring at the three of us. She was still lying on the ground, but instead of her usually peaceful manner, she had a horrified look on her face. I cringed. I didn't want her to see me like this. Like an. . . animal.

I am, though, aren't I. . . I am an animal.

   I looked back over to Bridgette and Felix, but they were both staring at her. I growled out a warning, and they both snapped their heads in my direction. Felix hissed and stared me down as he slowly crept toward me, and I glanced over his shoulder to see Bridgette standing behind him. She had a worried look on her face, and I immediately understood.

   Felix was going to fight me.