Chapter 2: Caught in the Act

"Joey! I'm going to kill you for this!" The male whispered furiously. The blonde reeled back in shock. Sure, he had seen Yami get mad before, but this time, Joey didn't know what he did wrong. "What did I do?!" Joey whispered back. Yami pointed to Seto, who had no idea that Yami had arrived. "Why is he here?!"

"Whatever happened, I didn't know! I swear to you! Wait, did something happen between you two?" "No! Nothing happened!" Yami knew where this situation was headed and he didn't want any part in it. "I'm going." The blonde next to him said, "Wait!" Yami turned to walk out the door. Before he could, someone wrapped their arms around his waist. He gasped in shock. He heard a familiar voice behind him. "Where are you going, Yami? Leaving so soon?" Seto mumbled in his ear. *Oh no!* Yami thought. *I can't leave now.* "Hi, Seto. I didn't realize you were here." Joey leaned over and whispered, "Liar." Someone called Joey's name.

A black-haired teen with dice-shaped earrings came over to the trio. "Joey. You coming?" Joey closed his eyes. "I'll be with you guys in a minute, Duke. Be patient." Duke nodded and walked back to the group he brought together. Joey turned his attention to the teen in Seto's arms. "The computer's upstairs, Yami." Yami slipped out of the brunette's grasp and headed upstairs. "Thanks, Joey" he said before disappearing from sight. He just wanted to be alone.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Yami walked into Joey's room and shut the door. He walked over to the desk by the window and turned on the laptop sitting on the desk. Once it started up, he put in the flash drive and uploaded his story. He continued on the final chapter on his first story. He typed:

Dusk had come at last, and the spell on the boy took effect once more. He was transformed into the lone wolf that everyone feared. Turning to where the sun had set, he set out to find the boy he had fallen for. The gray wolf padded into the woods alone. He suddenly stopped in his tracks. The smell of blood was all around him. Hidden in the sickening scent, however, he detected the scent of his lover. He raced through the night to find him. Once he located him, it wasn't the brunette he fell for at all! What he found was a-

"You write fanfiction? That's something worth knowing." Yami froze. Seto was behind him and he knew it. "Why are you following me, Seto? What is it that makes me so interesting to you?" He quickly saved the file and pulled out the flash drive. He turned to look at the brunette to see him laughing. Furious, Yami picked up a nearby book and smacked him at the back of his head. "Ow!" Seto continued as if nothing happened.

"That's it. I'm leaving." Yami gathered his things and went to the door. Seto glanced at him and stopped him. "Where do you think you're going? The night is still young."

"I don't care. I'm going home."

"Why are you so desperate to leave?" Seto demanded. "Why do you need to know?!" Yami began shouting. Joey walked into the room. "Isn't something wrong?" Yami and Seto exchanged glances. Yami made his way around the two.

"No. But I should be going." Joey stared at him. "Why? The party's still going!" Yami ignored him and walked downstairs. "Yami! Wait! You can't leave yet!" Yami ran out the door and kept running. He was heading straight home. He looked back once to see Seto and Joey watching him leave their sight. Once he disappeared, Joey glanced at the brunette, asking, "What's his problem?"

_____________________________________________________________________________

When morning came, Yami was woken by a phone call...from Joey. He glanced at the clock and groaned. It was about 6:30 in the morning...a really bad time to be calling your friend when they are sleeping.

He picked his cell and answered it. "I hope you have a good reason for calling me so early, Joey." He mumbled angrily. Joey responded with an equal tone. "What's the deal, Yami?! You sit upstairs for a little while, and suddenly ditch everyone once Kaiba walks up. Don't you care about you're friends?" Yami started screaming into the phone. "Listen here, Joey! I don't know if you've noticed, but I don't care what anyone thinks of me! If you guys have a problem with it, I don't want to hear it. I just want everyone to leave me alone!!" He hangs up before Joey could say anything about his attitude. Yami began feeling sick. He picked up the bottle of sleeping pills and took a couple before lying down. Before he knew it, he fell asleep...unaware that Seto was calling.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Yami woke with a start. It was 3:30 in the afternoon and his phone was going off. The ringtone that screamed 'Joey's calling you' was playing. Yami rolled over to pick it up. "Really, Joey, are you trying to give me a heart attack?!"

"This isn't Joey, Yami." answered the male on the phone. Yami responded, "Seto?! What are you doing with Joey's cell?"

"Hi, Yami!"

"Shut up, Joey. You already made a mess of things this morning." Yami stared at the phone for a minute. He hesitantly asked, "Am I on speaker?" There was a laugh on the other end. "Yes. Why?" He heard giggling in the background form Joey. Rage bubbled inside of him and he hung up without another word. When they heard the click, both of them burst out laughing. Yami looked at his cell. It said he had missed a call.

He pushed a button to hear the voicemail. *"Yami? It's me, Seto. I'm getting a little concerned about you lately. You've been acting a little strange for the past few days. If you have something to say, I'm here for you. Call me when you can."* Yami sat there for a moment before putting the number on the call into his phone. He deleted the message soon after. He was happy that Seto cared for him and all, but he didn't want anyone involved in his personal life right now. He felt dizzy for a moment. He mumbled, "...Oh no. Not...again..." before passing out. Whatever happened to him, he won't remember when he wakes.