CHAPTER 13: pt 1

*BBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ*

"Good Morning! Today will be sunny and warm with a slight breeze. Dress...." I opened my groggy eyes and looked around my room. It was MY room. Not one from an alternate world where Clark is Superman and we have this hot steamy kiss in the elevator.  I sigh.  Dreams are funny like that,  I guess. Taking you places where you can experience things you wouldn't otherwise. My alarm buzzes again and I slam my hand down over the top cutting off that obnoxious sound. I shower, get dressed, and head to work.

I walk in to work to see Richard standing over my desk searching for something. I clear my throat and he glances up at me. "Well, well," He whistles appreciatively, "Look at you, Miss. I-don't-look-good-in-pencil-skirts." I laugh and turn slowly. Showing off all his work in its prime.

"Thank you, Sir. This friend of mine told me I should dress more like a woman one day, so here i am." I roll my eyes at him and sit down at my chair. I look up at him and open my mouth, getting ready to ask him why he's still standing there. when he interrupts me.

"Incoming." He throws me a wink and quickly shuffles to his mail cart. 

"Good morning, Ms. Star." Clark says in a low voice, getting my attention and spiking the heat to high on my insides.

"Good morning. Clark." I smile at him. Even though the dream was extremely real, I know that our date a few weeks ago was actually real. "What are you doing for lunch?"

He gives me a look that I can't quite read. "I'm unsure. Would you like to sit with me and Lois today?"

My mouth shapes a tiny "o". "You and . . ." Did I dream the past few weeks too? Have I been in a coma? "No. No, thank you."

"Have a good day then, Ms. Star." I nod to him and my eyes follow his movements to his desk. I see Lois raise an eyebrow, declaring some sort of challenge. I ignore them both for the rest of the morning and get on with my lousy day of work. Right as I leave for lunch I see Clark trying to hurry out of the building without anyone noticing, so I give chase. Running in heels is no fun feat, let me tell you, but I kept up with him. Clark rounded a corner and I saw his jacket fall to the floor. I came around the corner just as he flew up into the sky. My shoulders sagged with the weight of rejection from this morning and all the questions I have for him. My slow walk back to work took the whole lunch hour and Clark still wasn't back. I placed his jacket in the drawer of my desk. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Have you seen Clark?" Lois asked at the end of the day. I had just clocked out and was grabbing Clark's jacket. Quickly, I shut the drawer and locked it. 

"No. Why would I? He obviously hasn't spoken to me all day." I squared my shoulders to deal with, even though i was crushed and only wanted to go home and eat a pound of ice cream. I can't say I felt sorry for her with the look of disappointment she gave me. I shrugged my shoulders and left. It was a least a 15 block walk to my apartment building from the Daily Planet but, somehow, between work and home I got turned around. As if I haven't been living in the city most of my adult life. I sigh at a dead end block and turn around. The scream barely left my throat before his hand covered my mouth.

"Please don't scream. I promise I won't hurt you."

pt 2 coming soon