Chapter 10

"The Flowers are beautiful. Thank you. But, if you don't mind me asking," I paused and took a calming breath,  "Why send them to me? Why not Lois?"

Mr. M looked at me with mischief running across his face. "Because my dear, You have more power over superman than you think." I shook my head and walked to my front door. "I'm sorry, Sir,  but you're disillusioned. I've never been in the presence of Superman and I hold no power over anyone. I belive it's time to leave now."

    The funny looking little guy with his crazy top hat of colors smiled at me. "If you've never been in he presence of Superman before tonight believe me when I say that's about to change, deary." He snapped his fingers and vanished.

*****

       I took a ragged breath and closed my door. On wobbling knees I made my way to my bed, unzipping my skirt and unbuttoning my shirt along the way, and plopped down on top of the covers in my undies. Who is this crazy little man to say things will change. "Pft." I growled a laugh. "Maybe in his little strange and distant universe." That was the last coherent thought I had before passing out.

       Startled by a strange dream I sat straight up in bed. I was covered by my bedspread and- I looked down- wearing a silk nighty. "What the actual fu-"

"I dressed you, Kate. I mean seriously, some stranger could come in your apartment and kidnap and take advantage of you and you'd never know." Rich sighed and walked out of my bedroom's attached bathroom. "There is dinner and a few messages for you. Time to wake up sleepy head."

"How in God's name did you even get in my house?" Rich gave me an sad look. "Honey, we live together. Don't you remember?  Since college? We graduated and got this apartment together. Honey, my boyfriend will be here any minute and your fiance is on his way because you have to meet his mother for the wedding venue tonight. I swear, you'd forget your name if I wasn't here to help remind you." I sat in bed and stared at him. My fiancé? HIS BOYFRIEND? What the actual fuck is going on? "My fiance?" was all I was able to croak out. "Oh for the love of everything that's holy, Katie." Rich glared. He GLARED AT ME. He laid out a small olive green dress with a low dip in the back and collar hugging neck line. He placed tan suede pumps and a sandy color cardigan to go with it on the bed. "Get dressed, wash your face and throw on some mascara and come back to reality. Clark will be here shortly and you had better be ready." He started to walk out of the room but turned and said,  "And please mouse your curls. Clark loves the way they hang down your back." All I could was nod. I got up got dressed. Come back to reality?  This IS NOT reality!!

I did as I was told and I actually looked. When I walked out of my bedroom Clark sat on the couch talking to Rich and stood when he saw me. He looked amazing in his custom tailored dark navy suit. He smiled widely at me and walked over to me and gave me a light, sensual kiss. I hungered for more. Maybe, just maybe, this reality was a place I could live.

:)